trying to setup path on emby server

brett069

brett069

i am using nvidia shield with external hard drive as my server ,  trying to set it up on my laptop and cant figure out  the path to use 

can i set it up  on my laptop?  i only need  server on  shield ,but want to get movies to server from my  laptop ,is that possible?

mastrmind11

so you want your server to be the shield and play stuff on your laptop?  yes, that's pretty much how it works.  What path are you talking about though?  The path on your shield to find your media on the external hdd?  or the URL to emby on your shield so you can connect from your laptop?

brett069

this what i told another member who responded to my post,

thanks for reply carlo

normal 16gb shield,  4tb drive is  connected by usb and classified as removable storage, not shield memory

if need be i can change it to internal shared storage ,would have to mount it i guess

i have only 1 movie ,which plays 1 min then stops  says not enough speed to play movie , and it dosent show on storage drive , must be getting it from my laptop???

also 2 videos i have show up in movies and  home videos & photos , dont know why in both

have music on my laptop but dosent show in media  server ,dont know how to get them on server

do i need server on laptop and  shield ? how about player on both also

do i need server on laptop and  shield 

No, you pick one for the server, either one you want. Then you need an Emby player app on the device you want to play from. Does this make sense?