Error moving to next song in playlist

kadorken

kadorken

Twice I have had playback get stuck at the end of a song in a playlist and not move to the next song. Requires intervention to terminate playback.

Playback was via Alexa to an Amazon Echo Plus (which was playing with a bluetooth connection to a BLT-HD device on a stereo receiver if that has any bearing on the problem)

I have attached a santized log of the session in question where you will see the Error Report:

---------------------------------------------

019-11-11 12:52:25.655 Error HttpServer: Error processing request
*** Error Report ***
Version: 4.2.1.0
Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/4.2.1.0/EmbyServer.dll -package synology -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffprobe -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/ffmpeg/bin/ffdetect -restartexitcode 121
Operating system: Unix 4.4.59.0
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: True
User Interactive: True
Runtime: file:///volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/3rdparty/netcore/2.2.1/runtime/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
Processor count: 4
Program data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/var
Application directory: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/releases/4.2.1.0
System.Exception: System.Exception: Error starting ffmpeg
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, EncodingOptions encodingOptions, EncodingDiagnosticOptions encodingDiagnosticOptions, CancellationTokenSource cancellationTokenSource, Boolean acquireResources)
   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.GetDynamicSegment(StreamRequest request, String playlistId, String segmentId, Int32 subtitleStreamIndex)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 host, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

----------------------------

EmbyLog1.txt

kadorken

This still happens; seems to be always on the second song in my playlist trying to move to the third song; could it be the song itself confusing ffmpeg who exits with an error and causes the EmbyServer.dll to hiccup ?

Edited by kadorken

kadorken

Tried making a different play list; same result; Move Next error at end of playing second song in play list. Player keeps repeating last segment of song until told to stop.

Log attached (from start of playing to error).

This was using alexa player (Echo Dot Plus)

embysvrlog_movenext2.txt

Edited by kadorken

kadorken

Testing the playlist on a different player than Alexa Echo Plus (chrome browser); no problem moving to next song. Implies (to me) that the error lies in the Alexa player (somehow).

kadorken

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79167-error-moving-to-next-song-in-playlist/

I originally reported the problem in the Synology server forum since I thought it was a server issue; I have since concluded that it is an alexa app problem since it only occurs using the alexa app player. The link above is to the original problem report and logs.