Library Not Scanning

sdann87

Hi,

I have loaded Emby onto my Asustor NAS and I have it mostly up and running. I have 2 libraries that I want Emby to use, one for Movies and one for TV shows. I have the library file for the TV Shows working correctly and everything is working well however when I try and get the movie library set up (using the same pathways etc) the scan function advises that it is queuing the scan but never actually does the scan. Emby shows that I have a library file called Movies but I have no content in the file. Can someone please advise?

Hi Luke,

Sorry, I was not very clear. I mean that I basically did the same thing as I did when setting up my TV Shows library. I went to the add library option and defined the type of library as movies, added the file path by navigating to where my movie folder is stored on my NAS being: volume1/Movies and then left the rest of the options as default and saved the library.

I have the main folder defined as Movies and then in that folder I have my movies. There is a mix of folders with the movie names and then the movie file, with the movies' title as the file name, and some without a folder so just files with the movie title as the file name.

As a test, when you use the directory browser during library setup to add folders, does it display the sub-folders of your movie library?

• 2 weeks later...

@@sdann87, ok, one more test please. In the server dashboard please, go to Live TV -> Add TV Source, then select m3u. The file picker here will actually show both files and directories. If you use this, does the picker show the video files?

• 3 weeks later...