Question about scaling in tablet mode

Steven

Steven

Hi,

As I had previously mentioned; since touch stopped working in TV mode (which still works in the web and Windows store apps) I had to switch to tablet mode and the scaling has been broken in this mode for as long as I can remember - It is correct in both the web (server/emby.tv) and Windows store versions.

Please see the differences in tablet mode here?

Emby.tv:

5dd32e127feb0_IMG_0781.jpg5dd32e1e1ba74_IMG_0784.jpg

Theatre:

5dd32eb10fe4a_IMG_0782.jpg5dd32ec6931c1_IMG_0783.jpg

Edited by Steven

Steven

When I say scaling I just mean its default sizing. It reduces drastically when changing to tablet mode making everything very small, even the buttons to close and minimise the app are too small to even press.

Yes I have restarted the app...

Have you ever checked it out?

The library that we're using to render the user interface apparently does not respect windows zoom settings, so that is probably why.

Steven

Is it built differently to the windows store and web versions? As they are just fine on the same device.

Even on my TV with 100 scaling there is a difference in size switching to tablet mode. Everything from the settings icons and menus to the minimise/close buttons when the windows store app stays as it should.

Also, setting to auto does not select tablet mode on a surface, if that feature works?

SikSlayer

I just noticed this last night on the web version of Emby Theater on my iPhone, yet it didn't do this on my Android tablet. It's very inconsistent...

Steven

I just checked that and it’s actually slightly larger on my iPhone compared to on my Surface3. Covers are about the same size but everything is smaller on my tablet.

• 3 months later...
Happy2Play

Yes still the same in Theater. Web version is fine though.

What version number?