db not sync. tried reinstall Emby 4.1.15 . same issue

ckhnet
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

hi 

I had using kodi and emby for kodi over my fire tv stick a month time, and all running fine. 

one day, the existing DB not sync anymore. this problem has been bothering me for few days. some post said similar issue resolved by 4.1.15.

perviously i am  Kodi 18.3 and unknown version emby for kodi . i tied uninstall everything, and reinstall new Kodi 18.5 + emby latest version 4.1.15 now

i can add my emby server and login to it . 

but it said fail to sync the DB; i power off the kodi and reopen it , it trigger resume the previous sync , but same result 

the error it prompt was 

"Emby for Kodi

Something went wrong during the sync. you 'll be able to resume progress when restating kodi. ........... "

But i can go to emby add-in directly and i can browser my DB and watch the video . so far the DB seem cannot sync to kodi ?!??

my log upload and the link below

https://paste.kodi.tv/iciheborut

Big Thanks in advance. 

Angelblue05

Thanks for reporting this. It seems to be getting stuck on a display text string. I am looking into it right now.

Edited by Angelblue05

Thanks you reply and support. 

seem some Japanese character code table in my nfo file was bad guy . 

i update one nfo, and restart emby add-on, trigger db sync resume ,  and another one prompt in the log . 

• Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

The issue is Kodi can’t see your files, the addon is trying to let you know of that but because of the special characters, it’s failing to do so. You selected native playback right?

• Like 1

right. i select native playback . 

tired 15a. it prompt the problematic path to me, and give me options to allow me to continue the sync . 

i may rename the path by english characters ... 

now, the db sync. 

but it not allow to play any video ... ; no error click and stay same screen.  

Edited by ckhnet

finally, i managed go back to .15 version , and change to add-on playback mode then rebuild my db . no db sync issue and playback issue. :)

• Like 1