Uninstall NextPVR and install VU+ plugin

raymondjpg

raymondjpg

This may have been addressed already, but some time recently I have found that I when I uninstall the NextPVR plugin from Server (4.2.1.0), Emby Desktop (3.0.10) still appears to have a Live TV Setup and guide, which looks like it has been left over from the NextPVR installation. Hitting an entry in the guide then throws an error something like "no compatible streams available.

Then, when I try to install the VU+ plugin it appears to install correctly, but unlike before when I have installed it, it won't save the selection of a particular Bouquet (that's one problem) and after Refreshing Guide Data, firing up Emby Desktop I still see the "leftover" installation and Guide from the NextPVR plugin (that's another problem) and not the EPG and program information from the Enigma2 PVR back end.

I suspect that these problems might be related, and the first thing might be to find some way to have Theater discard this "leftover" installation from the NextPVR plugin. Is there some way to do this?

That might allow Server to connect to the Enigma2 back end, and Theater to load the Enigma2 EPG and program streams.

(N.B. I recently updated NextPVR to version 4.2.5 (191014), but I wouldn't have thought that would have anything to do with the issue.)

raymondjpg

Hi, did you try refreshing the guide again?

Yes I did that after installing the VU+ plugin, but Theater is still showing remnants of the previous NextPVR plugin installation and the NextPVR EPG is still there.

Thinking a bit more about it, it's more as if Server is not allowing a complete uninstall of the NextPVR plugin, and that may also be blocking a successful installation of the VU+ plugin.

I've attached two recent server logs.

embyserver 18-11-2019.txt

embyserver-63709685932.txt

emveepee

I never found a good way to do this when testing v4 and v5 of the plugin either so as I've posted I've had to delete several rows from the database manually with sqlite3

Martin

raymondjpg

I never found a good way to do this when testing v4 and v5 of the plugin either so as I've posted I've had to delete several rows from the database manually with sqlite3

Martin

Is there some way to completely uninstall the NextPVR plugin? I've tried everything, even installing both the NextPVR and VU+ plugins together, but when I uninstall the NextPVR plugin from the Server interface, hoping it will leave the VU+ plugin to work, the guide data is still coming from NextPVR!!

Try refreshing the guide data after uninstalling the plugin and restarting the server. There have been a couple reports that in some cases it takes two refreshes of guide data to make things go away, and I will be looking into that.

raymondjpg

Try refreshing the guide data after uninstalling the plugin and restarting the server. There have been a couple reports that in some cases it takes two refreshes of guide data to make things go away, and I will be looking into that.

OK. The latest try was to

1. uninstall the NextPVR plugin

2. install the VU+ plugin

3. restart Server

4. refresh guide data - Theater still shows NextPVR guide

3. try to configure the VU+ plugin (unsuccessfully)

4. uninstall the VU+ plugin

5. restart Server

6. refresh guide data (nothing happens now)

After all this it looks like all Live TV plugins have been purged. Refresh Guide Data bar stays white, suggesting no plugin to update.

However when I tried to reinstall the VU+ plugin, once again it cannot be configured and does not connect to the Enigma2 PVR, and there are no Live TV entries on the Theater home page.

I'll continue discussion of my problems with the VU+ plugin at https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/71941-vu-plugin-no-tv-streams/page-2.

Edited by raymondjpg

raymondjpg

If I had read your instructions more carefully then I might have had more success.

A Server restart after uninstalling the nextPVR plugin does indeed appear to completely uninstall the plugin and clear live TV elements from Emby Theater.

raymondjpg

After you uninstall the plugin, the server dashboard will tell you that a restart is required.

It may well have done, but the dashboard is not immediately visible after uninstalling the plugin from the plugins view. I'm not complaining, but maybe some message like the popup after installing the plugin might help people like me who are a little visually impaired.