Forcing show to show up? (Solved)

dseg30

Hello -   

I have the show running Man - it's a korean show but for some reason its not being found by Emby.  Plex seems to find it all right.  I thought maybe it was because the shows weren't in season folders but moving them hasn't been able to change.  Any thoughts?  

Edited by dseg30

Ummm.... Sure ---

It's in it's own TV Show Folder- 

Running Man

Episodes are mixed right now because I never had an issue with Plex finding the show - but the shows are all named and numbered as it is in thetvdb.com.  I'm guessing Emby can't figure out what running man show it is because there are a handful of them it seems.  

Files are named like - Running Man S2019E474 Episode name 

Happy2Play

Currently TVDB is dead for metadata as their update has broke everyone they provide service to.  If they are the only provider you have enabled then you will have to wait on them so we can get the data.

O

Currently TVDB is dead for metadata as their update has broke everyone they provide service to.  If they are the only provider you have enabled then you will have to wait on them so we can get the data.

Oooo.  Has it been dead for a while because a lot of the other shows that I still put on seem to work - and I just put in a new show earlier in the week. Just wondering.  is there a better metadata app that I can add for this since thetvdb seems to go down quite a lot.  

Happy2Play

The went live with their v3 update on the 14th and broke their api service at the same time.  The point of their update was to provide better service, and once they work out their update they probably will.  Currently every software that uses them has this issue.

Emby has TMDB and OMDB also if you enable them on the library.  But I am still guessing on what your exact issue could be.

I already have them enabled - I saw that the TMDB had different naming conventions for the show seasons (its all put into S01 which is a nightmare with over 450 episodes hahaha) but I've changed one episode and rescanning now.   

Happy2Play

Just added the series exactly how you have it above and it appears, but without episode metadata do to naming as TMDB does not always have the same season format as TVDB.

Ummm...  Hmmm... that still wasn't picked up.   I wonder if my settings are.. screwy. 

Edited by dseg30

5dd1b82ceb60b_Capture.png

In theory it should go to the next one if thetvdb is broken right?  

Is there like a stats page - I'm curious to see if all of the shows are showing up or if there are more like this. 

Edited by dseg30

Yes, that is what I have enabled.

5dd1ba8923ca9_rm.jpg

It's not recognizing at all - where did I go wrong?  All other shows (I'm guessing) seem fine 

5dd1d6ce2c589_Capture.png

Ok so what you're doing is a little more complex and we haven't put a whole lot of time into testing that.

Some users like to use season folders. Some don't and prefer episode files directly under the series folder. Either way is fine, but what you're doing is mixing the two and it's possible there are some issues with that. For this Running Man example, I would pick one or the other and make them all consistent, then run a library scan.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Ok so what you're doing is a little more complex and we haven't put a whole lot of time into testing that.

Some users like to use season folders. Some don't and prefer episode files directly under the series folder. Either way is fine, but what you're doing is mixing the two and it's possible there are some issues with that. For this Running Man example, I would pick one or the other and make them all consistent, then run a library scan.

Please let us know if this helps. Thanks.

Hi Luke - 

Originally it was all in there not with Folders for seasons/years and didn't pick up.  I'll try moving all and rerun the scan. 

Hi Luke - 

Originally it was all in there not with Folders for seasons/years and didn't pick up.  I'll try moving all and rerun the scan. 

So I put them in all and its still not finding them :(

Maybe I'm being an idiot - when you say rerun the scan do I do a full scan from the options menu to replace all metadata or should I be doing a different option?

Edited by dseg30

i personally would just do the regular library scan, but that should have been fine too. did you try running a regular scan?

i personally would just do the regular library scan, but that should have been fine too. did you try running a regular scan?

I've tried all of the options.  It isn't even recognizing it in the metadata editor as a folder for some reason.  

I mean I've added new episodes since and its still not picking up... I dunno man. it's weird. 

Can you please go over how the episodes are organized? How are you determining that they're not being picked up?

Can you please go over how the episodes are organized? How are you determining that they're not being picked up?

I've fixed it so they're all under seasons.  

Emby isn't recognizing anything from this folder.  Not recognizing the show, any episodes.  It's almost like the folder doesn't exist for Emby.  

What folder is added to the library in emby library setup?

I added all of them into seasons (is that what you're asking?)  Don't tell me I have to pull them all out and rescan w/o and then reput them into the server?