Underscan after latest update

Macburp

buddyweiser

I too I'm have this problem with extender and every time I change the values from MCE.PerUserSettings to all 0 then restart Xbox 360 they return back to what you have 29,37,37,29. I don,t know why it is being over written.

In the marginSaved field, try changing that to 1 and then exit the re-editor. I think that will allow you to save the values.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

• Like 2

mariors44

In the marginSaved field, try changing that to 1 and then exit the re-editor. I think that will allow you to save the values.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

thanks buddyweiser, that did the trick. Appreciate your help.

• Like 1

ab123ga

Hi... I posted the same issue of the blue border and was redirected here. I have 3 extenders /w the same issue. The difference here is that my marginleft, right, top, and bottom are set to 0. Am I missing something. The key with the values is below. 

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2954526458-1853173450-1680165913-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\MCE.PerUserSettings

• Like 1

mariors44

Hi... I posted the same issue of the blue border and was redirected here. I have 3 extenders /w the same issue. The difference here is that my marginleft, right, top, and bottom are set to 0. Am I missing something. The key with the values is below. 

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2954526458-1853173450-1680165913-1001\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\MCE.PerUserSettings

try setting up windows media center tv output settings see if that helps as well. ( had to set mine to projector in order for 360 extender to be full screen.)

• Like 1

ab123ga

That did not work. As someone noted above (#46) there is nothing you can change on the extender. I changed in WMC on my HTPC and that changed nothing on the extender. I tried projector, TV Monitor and previously had flat panel. Nothing worked. 

buddyweiser

Try this @ab123ga:

Open regedit on the PC extending to the 360's, and navigate to the HKEY_USERS, then take note of all of the users. Then, go to one of your xbox 360's and open windows media center. Leave it open, and return to your PC. At the top menu, click on View, and Refresh. Note if any new HKEY_USERS appear. If you have a new one, that is the registry for the xbox in question (NOTE: You might have to do this for each of your extenders). Once you have the registry for the xbox 360, you can then navigate to Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\MCE.PerUserSettings. I hope this helps.

• Like 2

trusselo

I have a much easier fix that does not involve the registry.

Exit MBC into plain old WMC, go to settings > TV > Configure your TV or Monitor

Click
Next, "Yes I see...." ,
NOW HERE IS THE IMPORTANT SETTING

Identify your display type:
Monitor
Built-in display
Flat panel
Television
Projector

If you select Television you will have the blue border issue.
If you select flat panel (or any other type) you will NOT have the blue border issue.

So select flat panel, Next, HDMI, Next, 16x9, Next, Yes, Next (Will see screen fixed now), Finish, Next, Finish. 

No registry wizardry, simple easy fix.

• Like 1

Macburp

I have a much easier fix that does not involve the registry.

Exit MBC into plain old WMC, go to settings > TV > Configure your TV or Monitor

Click

Next, "Yes I see...." ,

NOW HERE IS THE IMPORTANT SETTING

Identify your display type:

Monitor

Built-in display

Flat panel

Television

Projector

If you select Television you will have the blue border issue.

If you select flat panel (or any other type) you will NOT have the blue border issue.

So select flat panel, Next, HDMI, Next, 16x9, Next, Yes, Next (Will see screen fixed now), Finish, Next, Finish. 

No registry wizardry, simple easy fix.

Unfortunately this does not work for those of us using an extender :(. Thanks for sharing :)

trusselo

Unfortunately this does not work for those of us using an extender :(. Thanks for sharing :)

Somehow it worked for me on my XBOX 360.

I had no blue border issue on my nor my roomates xbox 360.

Both our xboxes were hooked up with Component Cables, if that matters.

Edited by trusselo
  • Like 1

Macburp

Somehow it worked for me on my XBOX 360.

I had no blue border issue on my nor my roomates xbox 360.

Both our xboxes were hooked up with Component Cables, if that matters.

Interesting. Its strange to see peoples experience with their xbox seems to be very different when it comes to the new interface. For me, I used the advice in CBers guide which didn't work for me, the problem was solved by upgrading to v184. Others seem to have found the Xbox user account in the registry and edited that, because nothing else worked. I'm glad you had less trouble than me :). BTW, my connection was by HDMI cable.

The new interface is still a work in progress I think? 

buddyweiser

Just out of curiosity, which version of windows are you all running, that is extending to the xbox 360's? Maybe the different versions of wmc has to do with this?

coolspot

I'm Windows 8.1.  I had to make the adjustment.  My xbox 360 is hooked up with HDMI.

Edited by coolspot

buddyweiser

I'm Windows 8.1. I had to make the adjustment. My xbox 360 is hooked up with HDMI.

Which adjustment worked for you? The regedit?

Macburp

Just out of curiosity, which version of windows are you all running, that is extending to the xbox 360's? Maybe the different versions of wmc has to do with this?

Windows 7 for me. 

scottie

I had pretty serious underscan issues.

Windows 8.1, Xbox 360 Extender

After editing the underscan/overscan values and getting the player the correct size, I found that part of Media Browser navigation would hang off the screen which wasn't acceptable (I'm using default theme).

Was about to give up and disable the new player, but came here first. Read the posts about editing the registry.

Zeroed out the margin values in the registry for the xbox user and set the Margin Saved value to 1

Registry path was something like: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2524208145-3360545369-606345252-1004\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\MCE.PerUserSettings

where the bold bit changes per user.

Everything looks great now.

I'm all sorted.

Very happy.

• Like 2