PrincessClevage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1067 posts
  • Local time: 03:43 AM

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:12 PM

And I guess there's Lightberry, too.

https://lightberry.eu/

Doesn’t look like a finished polished plug and play end user device. I can only imagine the dramas with setup of this device and other small but not insignificant hardware issues

#22 speechles OFFLINE  

speechles

Advanced Member

• App Developer
  • 5778 posts
  • Local time: 09:43 AM

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:28 PM

It might be tied to this... The company was listed as llc privately held with less than 10 employees.

https://www.newindia...se-2055135.html

see here: https://patents.just...dreamscreen-llc

Patent number: 9483982
Abstract: A television backlighting apparatus includes an HDMI splitter for splitting a single input HDMI signal into two like output HDMI signals. A video frame analyzer is communicative with one of the HDMI outputs and has a processor executing an instruction set for analyzing the HDMI signal. The analysis converts boundary video values of the HDMI signal to an LED illumination data signal and an LED light source output. An LED light source is attachable to a television and is communicative with the video frame analyzer via the LED light source output. The light source includes at least one LED light and an LED interface cable interconnected with the video frame analyzer and extending from the LED light source output to the at least one LED light.
Type: Grant
Filed: December 16, 2015
Date of Patent: November 1, 2016
Assignee: DREAMSCREEN LLC
Inventors: Rakesh Reddy, Mary K. Reddy

He owns the patent to it. He might be a murderer or implicated in murder. That might be the reason. Seriously.

"Rakesh Reddy has been accused of killing Jayaram in an attempt to extort Rs 4.5 crore from him in Jubilee Hills police limits and dumped the body on the highway in Andhra Pradesh."

Edited by speechles, 17 November 2019 - 06:37 PM.

• PrincessClevage likes this

#23 PrincessClevage OFFLINE  

PrincessClevage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1067 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 06:44 PM

What is Rs crore?

#24 Spaceboy OFFLINE  

Spaceboy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 4019 posts
  • Local time: 05:43 PM

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:36 PM

This is ok for the very limited few who want to build their own and have time to do this.

No, I'm using light berry. Theres very little setup. Its a raspberry pi and a video capture device though

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

#25 PrincessClevage OFFLINE  

PrincessClevage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1067 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:53 PM

No, I'm using light berry. Theres very little setup. Its a raspberry pi and a video capture device though

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

exactly

#26 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12891 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:55 PM

Analyzing the signal seems like a smarter way than camera's looking at the screen, which I believe is what dreamscreen does/did.

Lightberry doesn't use a camera. It should be the same as Dreamscreen.

#27 chef ONLINE  

chef

Advanced Member

• Developers
  • 4115 posts
  • Local time: 12:43 PM
  • LocationPeterborough, Canada

Posted 17 November 2019 - 11:51 PM

It might be tied to this... The company was listed as llc privately held with less than 10 employees.

https://www.newindia...se-2055135.html

see here: https://patents.just...dreamscreen-llc

Apparatus and method for television backlignting

Patent number: 9483982
Abstract: A television backlighting apparatus includes an HDMI splitter for splitting a single input HDMI signal into two like output HDMI signals. A video frame analyzer is communicative with one of the HDMI outputs and has a processor executing an instruction set for analyzing the HDMI signal. The analysis converts boundary video values of the HDMI signal to an LED illumination data signal and an LED light source output. An LED light source is attachable to a television and is communicative with the video frame analyzer via the LED light source output. The light source includes at least one LED light and an LED interface cable interconnected with the video frame analyzer and extending from the LED light source output to the at least one LED light.
Type: Grant
Filed: December 16, 2015
Date of Patent: November 1, 2016
Assignee: DREAMSCREEN LLC
Inventors: Rakesh Reddy, Mary K. Reddy

https://patents.just...or/rakesh-reddy

He owns the patent to it. He might be a murderer or implicated in murder. That might be the reason. Seriously.

"Rakesh Reddy has been accused of killing Jayaram in an attempt to extort Rs 4.5 crore from him in Jubilee Hills police limits and dumped the body on the highway in Andhra Pradesh."

That's crazy 😂

#28 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12891 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 12:58 AM

Jeez! Crazy people!  :blink:

#29 Doofus OFFLINE  

Doofus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 12891 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:07 AM

Doesn’t look like a finished polished plug and play end user device. I can only imagine the dramas with setup of this device and other small but not insignificant hardware issues

No, it doesn't. Too many parts, for my taste. But it's good to know there is an alternative. The HDMI is essential, though. Don't want to be using a camera. Version 5 doesn't appear to be available, yet.

Edited by Doofus, 03 December 2019 - 08:37 AM.

#30 PrincessClevage OFFLINE  

PrincessClevage

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 1067 posts

Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:11 AM

No, it doesn't. Too many parts, for my taste. But it's good to know there is an alternative. The HDMI it is essential, though. Don't want to be using a camera. Version 5 doesn't appear to be available, yet.

Wonder if that unit is in any breach of patient

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users