Random pauses during playback.

kelly.clubb

kelly.clubb

So I figured I'd start my own tread here since all the other playback threads are covering a variety of different issues and wanted to be more specific.

I used to have this issues with "AVI" files where when playing would random pause about 2 seconds every 30 to 60 seconds though episodes.  I do not have this issue playing the file directly and it's currently using direct play when I watch.  I use google chrome as my browser and mostly watch stuff from chrome.

When the issue happens it seems the little white buffer bar goes about 30 seconds at a time until the buffer runs out, it pauses (buffers) and then continues.  This is a MP4 file and I'm on a gigabit lan with COX Gigablast (1gbps down and 35 mbps up). The files are all on my local lan.

I attached the playback log of the one of the local files (Shadowhunters) I was having issue with.  Not limited to this file at all.  It's random.

I have a 16 thread (8 core) cpu that is not being overused at all.  In addition this server has terabytes of free disk space where any transcoding would take place.

I seem to get a lot of 14:58:48.997 Error while decoding stream #0:1: Error number -16976906 occurred which seems to indicate that I don't have enough ram but my computer has over 6 gb of free ram so I don't think that's an issue.

I did attach the log.

Notably I'm running this from a rack server.  On the note that it doesn't have any kind of fancy video card, should I maybe disable hardware acceleration and would that help this particular issue?

ffmpeg-remux-b3e4fbe2-a3de-4718-b487-792e845d1a72_1.txt

Edited by kelly.clubb

kelly.clubb

I'm not 100% sure, but I went to chrome://flags and reset to default and for the time being, things seem to be working correctly.  I'll toss an update if it persists.