identify not giving the correct title

Scottieboi

Scottieboi

I've been playing with this for the past few hours, I had a loss of power and when I finally managed to get the power sorted (power cut black out) 
all the titles in my anime section were incorrect in fact no where even close, I had no power, so I couldn't change the details, however that's another issue.
So I started to re-identify all the titles, this has been a hair greying moment as regardless of the title/year and all the correct ID's taken from the appropriate web pages, I either got a blank search (nothing found, I assume) or the correct title, problem is it won't change the data.

D.N. Angel id = 61 (myanimelist) nothing found even with imdb/anidb/anisearch/proxer and so on Best result it gave was CIS LA , so had to edit the data manually
Now another, show = GATE (2015) it does find the correct show but after a lot of playing around with the ID's but it won't alter the data , the result it shows is GATE 2015 the metadata added for this title is Rio Rainbow Gate, this is n't what the search fetched.

I have no idea why the title got screwed up and im now pulling my hair out trying to match them correctly.....

Any help appreciated

Scottieboi

I used all the id's available thetvdb was one yes, however the correct id was used in all fields

Scottieboi

Sure I was having miss matched series although, the id's were all correct, as you can see from my op, I was very frustrated, after going through so many attempts I decided to use just one id and check them all for accuracy because Happy2play suggested it may be thetvdb.
As it turns out all the id's were correct and brought up the correct file name & cover image. However when I selected to use the search result it would give various incorrect image and ep data.
Anyway somewhere along those frustrating results, I was editing the info manually and found that the external links were different to the one I used.
Ultimately moviedb would show the correct result but the id it used was incorrect, so I simply edited the media folder, removed moviedb and the first id I used IMDB gave the correct show and data.

Im not sure how to upload logs, but if it helps tell me how and I will add to the post.

Happy2Play

Can we go over a specific example so I can attempt to reproduce any issues.  But it sounds like mismatching between providers.

Scottieboi

It's been happening a lot lately, I just attempted to match a tv program Extinct (2017) and again it's giving me an empty search, after using the correct id's from  imdb & thetvdb. Not a major issue but it is very frustrating

Scottieboi

The only one that I can use in tv is imdb, given that tvdb isn't showing accurate results and moviedb was doing the same. I note that many of the others in the community have stated that imdb isn't great either.

Happy2Play

IMDB is never used.  The IMDB id can be used to query TMDB, TVDB, and OMDB.  I have all three enabled and I clicked Identify and typed "Extinct" and got those results above.  Now what metadata it will return is another story.

Scottieboi

Ok so removed thetvdb and moviedb from my plugins and it's working now, im sure I messed up somewhere.

Thanks for the assistance Happy2

Ok so removed thetvdb and moviedb from my plugins and it's working now, im sure I messed up somewhere.

Thanks for the assistance Happy2

I really wouldn't suggest doing that. That leaves you with only Omdb, which is really the weakest of the three. It would be better to work out whatever the issue with MovieDb is, which you still haven't really made clear to us.

Scottieboi

The issue is that the moviedb, finds the correct film/tv show, but the data it adds is incorrect, extinct was returned as extinct or alive and no matter the amount of times I tried it wouldnt alter it

After I removed those plugin's I got the correct series and data, as a small issue from doing that the image was missing but I can add those manually.

Edited by Scottieboi

Scottieboi

Yes, i'm happy, played around with combinations of the plugins  OMDB,IMDB and TVDB have  the best results, now it fetches the correct data and image. 

Thanks again for the support and assistance