Why is my cover art changing to landscape?

pob5454

Hi all,

Wonder if you could help. I set up all of my cover art for the films which I've put onto my computer and they looked great. But for some reason a whole bunch of them have gone to a weird landscape setting, and I can't get it to change back.

It did this last night and I had to delete the library and re-add it to get it back to normal, but its gone and done it again.

You can see in the pic below where one is still ok, but the others have gone landscape. 

Any idea what is causing this and how do I fix it please? I've done a lot of searching but can't find any solutions online.

Thanks!

5dcebe9ad17bf_embycoverproblem.png

Diedrich

The default behavior if there isn't a "poster" image is to fallback to using a "thumb", if that isn't available to then use a "backdrop". Be sure you have a poster image and that it is properly named poster.jpg or poster.png in your media folder

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming#video-images

I'd also suggest to place your artwork in the movie's folder - Admin dashboard>Libraries>Movies>check the box for "Save artwork into media folders"

assuming your folder structure is:

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie-naming

\Movies\Avatar (2009)\Avatar (2009).mkv

\Movies\Pulp Fiction (1994)\Pulp Fiction (1994).mp4

\Movies\Reservoir Dogs (1992)\Reservoir Dogs (1992).mp4

\Movies\The Usual Suspects (1995)\The Usual Suspects (1995).mkv

\Movies\Top Gun (1986)\Top Gun (1986).mp4

• Like 1

Happy2Play

It is really hard to say.  Do you have the server log for when this happened?  Do you save images with media?  What content in the media folder?

Guest asrequested

I've had this happen quite a bit, lately. I've had broken links to the images, and some have just been removed. I had to re-identify the titles, to get them pulled down again.

Thanks for hte replies. I've got the cover art saving to the same directory. Example below:

5dced0543ce3f_embycoverproblem2.png

The poster, when opened up in a photo programme is what I am expecting to see, but for some reason it isn't showing on emby. 

Any suggestions what else to check?

Ta!

I've had this happen quite a bit, lately. I've had broken links to the images, and some have just been removed. I had to re-identify the titles, to get them pulled down again.

Thanks Doofus - I've just tried that and its worked.

However, that in itself is a bit concerning. I've a lot of files which will be custom and I don't want to burn hours manually creating entries only for them to then be lost and have to do it again just because the external hard drive has gone to sleep at the time Emby tries to access. Is this normal behavour?

Thanks again for everyones replies - appreciate the help.

OK... even more weirdly. I've just changed one of the covers, and they all suddenly refreshed and came back!!

However, I did the same thing in another folder with the same issue, and they haven't all come back.

Something odd going on here.  :(

Edited by pob5454