Hide from "On Now"

fizzyade

fizzyade

My "On Now" is filled with "placeholders" when the channel is not broadcasting, i.e at the moment a lot of channels are showing "SIGN OFF" as the programme.

The ability to create a list (with regular expressions) of things to hide from "On Now" could be very useful and very cool, that way I'm not cluttered with useless information in the On Now section.

Thanks.

Hi.  I'm pretty sure this is a duplicate but I understand it is impossible to search the forum for the two words "on now".  That's why I cannot find the dup either :).

In any case, we do have a plan to make this row more relevant in the future.

Thanks.

Red5ive

This does need some customization options, not sure what the logic here is but mine always seems to pick radio and off air channels from random stations low down in the channel numbers.

If it could show your favorite channels by default or at least the first few channels of your line-up, for most people that will be the main domestic terrestrial channels for their area, then it would work and look a whole lot better.

Red5ive

It really is random and goofy looking.

We cant even seem to hide just the On Now section without hiding the whole Live TV strip so until they implement some customization options then we are stuck with a the eye sore.

fizzyade

tbh all the live tv things like on now, shows, movies etc in the live tv section should be provided by plugins so that the content can be completely customized, for example i don’t care for sports, but maybe a sci fi section or a “what’s popular” section would be great to be added via plugin.

provide api hooks to query the EPG (don’t know if this is possible at the moment) so that this information can be used to populate custom sections.

• Agree 1

• 1 year later...