TVDB Api Issues

TwIXx
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Happy2Play

UPDATE: 1:30pm PT — The API has recovered, but will be slower than normal for the next few hours.

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

I will report on TVDB forum also but lots of season images are duplicated there via their returned metadata.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=64049

5e9905720ba1f_season.jpg

Banner.xml/en.xml (one image example)

<id>61335445</id>

<BannerPath>seasons/72108-15-5.jpg</BannerPath>
    <BannerType>season</BannerType>
    <BannerType2>680x1000</BannerType2>
    <Language>en</Language>
    <Season>15</Season>
    <Colors/>
    <Rating>0.00</Rating>
    <RatingCount>0</RatingCount>
    <SeriesName>false</SeriesName>
    <ThumbnailPath>seasons/72108-15-5_t.jpg</ThumbnailPath>
    <VignettePath>seasons/72108-15-5_t.jpg</VignettePath>

</Banner>

<id>61335928</id>
    <Language>en</Language>
    <Season>15</Season>
    <Colors/>
    <Rating>0.00</Rating>

</Banner>

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

TheTVDB Survey — April 2020

Hello all! We're continually looking for ways that we can improve TheTVDB, and we'd love to gather feedback from you, our users, to help us understand where to focus our future efforts on the site. The survey should take about 5-10 minutes to complete, and will have a huge impact on determining internal prioritization. So, we're asking everyone to please complete the following survey if you're able to spare a few minutes.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/user-survey-forums

Thank you!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Happy2Play

I will report on TVDB forum also but lots of season images are duplicated there via their returned metadata.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=64049

5e9905720ba1f_season.jpg

Banner.xml/en.xml (one image example)

<id>61335445</id>

<Language>en</Language>

<Season>15</Season>

<Colors/>

<Rating>0.00</Rating>

</Banner>

<id>61335928</id>

<Language>en</Language>

<Season>15</Season>

<Colors/>

<Rating>0.00</Rating>

</Banner>

TVDB reply

This is a result of the banner being associated with both the aired season and the DVD season and unfortunately, this was done when we first had to import all the artwork over during the v3 launch. We're in the middle of working on v4 and this issue may carry through the end of the year. I know it is annoying to see duplicate banners appearing twice in the selection list, but it is a result of flexible seasons interacting with old artwork records. The new API will resolve it.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=122&p=175874&sid=e72203e8147505611abe353ca8f02a4d#p175874

• 1 month later...
Nostromo86

Hi for tv show, i have a problem today when i want to identify

5edc25b5ed666_d.png

Edited by Nostromo86

Hi for tv show, i have a problem today when i want to identify

5edc25b5ed666_d.png

Hi there, please attach the emby server log. thanks.

PhoenixY2k

For days I'm not able to retrieve any images from tvdb with except for backgrounds. Links to tvdb seem to work as I get to the correct tvdb-page once I click on the tvdb link at the respective series. Also there are a lot of images available. However, I do not get any images besides backgrounds displayed when I search for images in Emby Server. Usually it is not that big issue as fanart also has a lot of images, but tvdb is the most up to date service for newly aired series and downloading / assigning the images manually from tvdb is not that convenient.

I already de-selected and re-selected tvdb as image ressource in my library as well as desized the minimum image width, but without impact.

The server log does not even show any entry for tvdb, the only one is the currently installed tvdb-plugin version at the top of the log.

embyserver.txt

minos
On 6/11/2020 at 8:34 PM, PhoenixY2k said:

For days I'm not able to retrieve any images from tvdb with except for backgrounds. Links to tvdb seem to work as I get to the correct tvdb-page once I click on the tvdb link at the respective series. Also there are a lot of images available. However, I do not get any images besides backgrounds displayed when I search for images in Emby Server. Usually it is not that big issue as fanart also has a lot of images, but tvdb is the most up to date service for newly aired series and downloading / assigning the images manually from tvdb is not that convenient.

I already de-selected and re-selected tvdb as image ressource in my library as well as desized the minimum image width, but without impact.

The server log does not even show any entry for tvdb, the only one is the currently installed tvdb-plugin version at the top of the log.

embyserver.txt 58.54 kB · 0 downloads

same here since 2-3 weeks no images from tvdb :(

if i change to english everything is running normaly

Edited by minos

otarie

anything new on this issue? I'm struggeling to get logos/thumbs from fanart.tv. Its just showing nothing. I'm getting images from themoviedb an thetvdb on some older files. Everything that gets scanned new to the library doesnt get any images just text metadata...

4 hours ago, otarie said:

anything new on this issue? I'm struggeling to get logos/thumbs from fanart.tv. Its just showing nothing. I'm getting images from themoviedb an thetvdb on some older files. Everything that gets scanned new to the library doesnt get any images just text metadata...

Hi there, what issue are you referring to? The purpose of this topic is to notify users about problems that tvdb is having on their side.

Trunk

Just a heads up.

It looks like tvdb have a expired SSL certificate today. So all requests from Emby do fail when trying query anything from their API.

Update 1: TVDB are aware and working on a fix.

Update 2: TVDB have now updated their SSL certificate.

Edited by Trunk

1 hour ago, Trunk said:

Just a heads up.

It looks like tvdb have a expired SSL certificate today. So all requests from Emby do fail when trying query anything from their API.

Update 1: TVDB are aware and working on a fix.

Update 2: TVDB have now updated their SSL certificate.

Hi, thanks for letting us know !

• 2 months later...
rbjtech

Are there still restrictions/problems on the TVDB API ?

I'm missing the Season metadata text on all new shows - and no longer get the option of 'theTVDB' in the library advanced settings for Seasons ?

Capture.PNG

and no longer get the option of 'theTVDB' in the library advanced settings for Seasons ?

It was never there to begin with.

rbjtech
54 minutes ago, Luke said:

It was never there to begin with.

ah ok - thanks.

So how does one get the Season metadata if it's not in 'TheMovieDB' ?  

Happy2Play
39 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

ah ok - thanks.

What exactly are you referring to?  If available it has always come from "ThemMovieDB".  Are you seeing metadata somewhere else?  I am not seeing any on TVDB that I can see.

39 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

ah ok - thanks.

What season metadata?

rbjtech

So I noted that none of my recently added TV Series have a season overview when in the season episode list. Highlighted below in yellow.

For the entry below - I have manually edited the metadata got from thetvdb.

Capture1.thumb.PNG.b504ac3a5b4d9e9a4732de6bfa1e8369.PNG

From thetvdb.com

Capture2.thumb.PNG.e44b466df7a991e35f69c7e961c25bdd.PNG

Looking at 'themoviedb.org' (the only metadata provider listed in emby for seasons) - then using Lucifer season 5 as an example -

For previous seasons - metadata is there (not entered manually) -

Capture4.PNG

For the new season - metadata is on the site -

Capture3.PNG

.. but is not being scraped.

Capture5.PNG

thanks.

@Happy2Play - I agree the season metadata/overview on 'thetvdb' is hit and miss, more miss than hit being honest - so probably a bad example.  But season metadata/overview is definitely in 'themoviedb.org' - see above.

Edited by rbjtech

Happy2Play
27 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

@Happy2Play - I agree the season metadata/overview on 'thetvdb' is hit and miss, more miss than hit being honest - so probably a bad example.  But season metadata/overview is definitely in 'themoviedb.org' - see above.

I know when I added Lucifer Season 5 it was the same day it was added to providers so I had to Manually refresh the entire season to get all the metadata as it take 24 hours for TVDB to update to their API.  I can not tell when the overview was added to TMDB as changes just shows latest update "{"season_id":152759,"season_number":5}" on the Sept 2, but doesn't say what was changed or added. Refresh scan for missing populated season 5 overview.

But that is the first time I have seen a season overview on TVDB.  I don't even see a option to apply a overview to a season on their site.

Pretty sure this would be about what is available at the time the season was added.  So anything missing remains missing until you manually refresh or set library to "Automatically refresh metadata from the internet:".

Edited by Happy2Play
  • Like 1

rbjtech

Thanks - so a metadata refresh for missing metadata is now populating the missing data.  I guess if the season overview is added after the initial scape, then it will not update it (unless I set the option to check every x days or do it manually).  I've just spotted another one (the 100 season 7) so I think I'm going to refresh for all missing season metadata.

Thanks guys - problem understood / resolved.

Happy2Play
3 minutes ago, rbjtech said:

Thanks - so a metadata refresh for missing metadata is now populating the missing data.  I guess if the season overview is added after the initial scape, then it will not update it (unless I set the option to check every x days or do it manually).  I've just spotted another one (the 100 season 7) so I think I'm going to refresh for all missing season metadata.

Thanks guys - problem understood / resolved.

I just Search for Missing at Library level occassionally.

Happy2Play

@Luke don't know if you know about this yet.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=66829

Hi everyone! As you know, we've been hard at work for the past few months on v4 of TheTVDB API. As we get closer to the official launch, we wanted to start putting together a group of developers to beta test the API before it's fully released to our clients and general user base.

Some background: The v4 API is a completely new API, that is not backwards compatible.

We'll have more info as we get closer to launch, but at a high level, being a part of the beta group would mean you'd have the first opportunity to provide feedback on the v4 API, and help us ensure it's meeting the needs of you, our developers.

If you're interested in being added to our list of beta testers, please DM me or email support@thetvdb.com with your TheTVDB username.

Happy2Play

Looks like their forum will be going away also.

Hello! Hope everyone is continuing to stay safe and healthy in the craziness that 2020 has brought this year. We have a pretty major update to announce today!

TheTVDB support will now be handled via a ticketing system, osTicket. We will no longer be using the forums to answer user inquiries or requests. The new support page for TheTVDB can be found here: https://support.thetvdb.com/

As you may or may not know, for the majority of TheTVDB's existence, we've been providing support via these forums, and occasionally via social media. While the forums are a great place for discussion, we have spent a while looking for a better, more streamlined way to answer policy questions, address series change requests, and provide developer support in a more organized manner. The new ticketing system is our answer to these desires. It is our hope that the new system will streamline responses from our moderators, prevent requests from being overlooked or handled incorrectly, and give better insight into potential improvements on the site itself.

There are some feature updates that come with the new system as well: image uploads directly into the ticket, easier editing, formatting, hyperlinking, etc. (without having to use BBCode), and notifications/status updates on all of your tickets.

The ticketing system also holds our comprehensive KnowledgeBase, which will take the place of the current Bible we have on the forums. The KnowledgeBase (KB) is fully searchable, and we highly recommend searching for the answer to your inquiry in the KB before submitting a new ticket— it's likely your question has already been brought up, and subsequently addressed there. Eventually, relevant FAQs from the KnowledgeBase will also be referenced throughout the main site for an even more effective support experience.

Of course, it's extremely clear to us just how much history the forums hold. Therefore, we will still be keeping the forums active, but they will become read-only starting on September 15. That means that you'll need to create an account on our new support site before September 15 if you want to continue communicating with our moderation team. An account is required to submit a ticket on the new system, so please let us know here if you're experiencing any issues logging in.

Please see our guides on creating an osTicket account, as well as our process for submitting a new ticket. As with the forums, incomplete ticket requests will not be answered.

The switch over to a ticketing system comes as we prepare to make our switch over to the v4 API (more on that later). We hope this new system will allow more visibility into feedback and bug reports during this release. Additionally, in the near future we will be adding UserReport, a software where you can upvote and make improvement suggestions to the site.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=67501

So basically they want to take over all answers and not allow fellow users to answer or comment. 

Wonder why? :)