TVDB Api Issues

TwIXx
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

Happy2Play

UPDATE 11/15/19:

Hello all,

Thank you for your continued patience with us and your feedback. We hear you and our devs are working on solutions to some of your biggest issues.

We know the site is struggling with slow load times at the moment. We are looking into some latency issues and hope to have a fix soon.

Top of our list for the API, is why metadata isn't pulling into many media centers. We believe we have isolated the problem and it stems from older client libraries using SSL 3.0. We've made contact with many add-on developers, including PLEX with hopes to upgrade to TLS. Clearing your DNS caches would also help.

Other issues we are working on:

Wrong artwork format returned

Wrong artwork language returned

API delivering zip file discrepancies

Clients aren't handling 301s

Default language handling

Solutions that have been deployed already:

The CDATA problem should have resolved this morning, but let us know if you are continuing to see this issue.

Pagination, for many of you downloading metadata from large tv show libraries, the pagination issue should be solved.

We will continue working on fixes and giving you regular updates.

https://forums.thetvdb.com/viewtopic.php?f=118&p=163132#p163132

• Like 1

Happy2Play

They tested and the same thing happened this time that happened a few month ago

• Like 2

Is it only TVDB that works with everything or is there a modern reliable alternative? What is tvmaze? I see it here and there sometimes.

DarWun

They tested and the same thing happened this time that happened a few month ago

This is the thing that bugs me the most about this. The last update failed miserably, and they rolled back. Many months later they try again, and it fails miserably. Weren't there any lessons learned?

Edited by DarWun

Is it also the issue that it can not detect anything even when putting an imdb code in to the edit metadata because for me it can not detect some of tv shows now

In other forums I have made the point dependency on one site to this degree is like all eggs in one basket and you are dead in the water. What I have been doing is use xml files that get imported by Emby. For a totally new show just setup the folder structure, copy the series.xml file and modify it. Then copy into the metadata folder under season the episode.xml files and modify them. Finally copy the artwork from the theTVDB site or fanart.tv site or search for images. This is not elegant but it is time consuming, however it works even if theTVDB site is dead.

Fortunately I added the Mandalorian while the site was still working, however no such luck with the man from the high castle season 4.

Edited by One2Go

I switched to themoviedb.org. I add the new tv episodes there. Seems more reliable. Is themoviedb more reliable than tvdb? (in terms of technical difficulty and downtime)

Edited by Zodler
  • Like 1

psybertech

I switched to themoviedb.org. I add the new tv episodes there. Seems more reliable. Is themoviedb more reliable than tvdb? (in terms of technical difficulty and downtime)

At the moment, yes... but... theMOVIEdb is slower to scrape and is missing some shows (i.e. just aired)... so it depends on how fast/often you scrape/update. Its OK as as a fallback, but for now, its not a bad substitute until theTVDB can get fixed.

I'm using it and keeping a list of shows/episodes it is missing so I can refresh them in Emby later.

Its a mess right now for theTVDB. 

Edited by psybertech

Is there a setting for switching Auto Organize to themoviedb.org somewhere I'm missing? I changed the preference in the Library for the metadata.

Is there a setting for switching Auto Organize to themoviedb.org somewhere I'm missing? I changed the preference in the Library for the metadata.

It is in the Library Settings for your TV shows select edit, you should be able to move moviedb to the top of the list and enable it if it isn't already

moviefan

It is in the Library Settings for your TV shows select edit, you should be able to move moviedb to the top of the list and enable it if it isn't already

This doesn't do anything for auto organize.  It seems to only work with TVDB period.

• Like 1

This doesn't do anything for auto organize.  It seems to only work with TVDB period.

I have changed mine and it is working again, there are 3 sections that you have to move it to the top of the list

Series metadata downloaders Season metadata downloaders Episode metadata downloaders

edit: I'm running 4.3.0.22 beta if that makes any difference

Edited by Ice
  • Like 1

I have changed mine and it is working again, there are 3 sections that you have to move it to the top of the list

Series metadata downloaders Season metadata downloaders Episode metadata downloaders

edit: I'm running 4.3.0.22 beta if that makes any difference

It probably does make a difference. Nothing I try works (TVDB moved and/or disabled everywhere it's present in the library configuration).

Unless a version of the epsiode already exists, Auto organize will give an error.

Edited by MSacre

I guess I never bothered with the AutoOrganize Plugin as Emby already does a pretty good job. What is to gain with this Plugin?

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

I guess I never bothered with the AutoOrganize Plugin as Emby already does a pretty good job. What is to gain with this Plugin?

It is only needed if you have something that is just dumping all new episodes into a single folder as opposed to putting them in the correct location in your file structure.

• Like 2

Occasionally I have issues with Sonarr et al putting episodes in the root of my TV Series Folder. After all this is sorted I think I'll give it a whirl or maybe run it on my beta server now if it is working correctly there.

Occasionally I have issues with Sonarr et al putting episodes in the root of my TV Series Folder. After all this is sorted I think I'll give it a whirl or maybe run it on my beta server now if it is working correctly there.

I doubt Auto Organize would help with that situation as I would think pointing that plug-in to the root of your properly organized Series folder could have some rather bad results...

I doubt Auto Organize would help with that situation as I would think pointing that plug-in to the root of your properly organized Series folder could have some rather bad results...

Ohh.. definitely don't want that! I used to use the renamer but that quit working long ago..

bls_fanatic

Thanks for the tips guys. Enabling and moving TheMovieDB to the top of the metadata providers for my TV Shows library fixed the problem for episodes already moved into my library.

After reading everything I am unsure what is next to fix Auto Organize though. Will the TheTvDb eventually fix the issue or must Emby come out with a fix and use TLS (as was supposedly asked of Plex)?

Thanks for the tips guys. Enabling and moving TheMovieDB to the top of the metadata providers for my TV Shows library fixed the problem for episodes already moved into my library.

After reading everything I am unsure what is next to fix Auto Organize though. Will the TheTvDb eventually fix the issue or must Emby come out with a fix and use TLS (as was supposedly asked of Plex)?

this is the big questions that has to be answered. ^^

kevlar2010

So just today I noticed that I can't refresh metadata. I have noticed two things that might contribute to this. The DSM on my synology has updated as well as the TVDB has updated their website (though I don't think this is affecting my issue). I was trying to refresh metadata on Muppets Tonight and it didn't pull down information from theTVDB. Looking in the server logs and I have the following. There are multiple lines similar to this, but I hope it gives some insight. A full log would be available if needed. It is a DS918+ running DSM 6.2.2-24922 Update 4. The update applied less than a day and a half ago and this is the first time I have needed to do this since that update.

[removed bad formatted text]