Collections broken - Windows Update

Dazik
Go to solution Solved by Dazik,

Hello,

Windows 10 Update 1903 renames user folders like so:
user => user.000

It looks like Emby accurately updated most the appdata location for everything else but the Collections directory.

For this it created a new blank directory in the new user folder and the plugin created the new Library item (blank).

Edit: Windows is what moved the data across the folders. It just could not move this one I suppose.

Now, instead of being smart and renaming the user folder back in Windows, I decided to fix this by removing the old Collections directory (and old collections library item) only to find out that it seems I can not generate the data for the new collections folder.

The issue:

My collections folder is empty. Auto-boxsets is not working, and I can't seem to figure out how to properly refresh it.

What I have tried:

Re-installing plugin

Forcing a full media library scan

Is there any way I can force the collections directory (content) to be created?

Cheers

Edited by Dazik

Hi, why do you feel it's not working?

Picture worth a thousand words? No matter what I do nothing is generated in the collections directory.

5dcd6ff8dee5e_1.png

5dcd70048bf9a_2.png

Hi.  Did you press the "Refresh Boxsets" button in the plug-in configuration page?

Yes. Multiple times. Reinstalled the plugin multiple times as well.

For reference: 

EmbyServer 4.2.1.0

Windows 10

Edited by Dazik

• Solution

Please put your server logging in debug mode, restart the server and then run the refresh boxsets task.  Then post the server log here.

How to Report a Problem

I've solved it now. I hard deleted all metadata (setup in the RAID) and forced a scan. After it finished the boxsets ran properly.

Seems something that was in the metadata was the issue. It was not the TmbdbCollectionID, that was one of the first things I checked.

Edit: Elaboration

All of my metadata is saved in 1 directory (except for collections which is in the appdata), deleted the directory, restarted Emby, and ran a scan. Once the scan finished I ran the Boxsets scan and it completed properly.

I already had debug on and could find nothing in the log for BoxSets. Now I see it clearly (with the success).

Edited by Dazik