Question about my xml tv url

martylavender

kanipek

Yes

To test I loaded it in PLEX and it loads just fine. I attached the XML file. Renamed to .log

This is a 54MB file. Might take awhile to load in the map channels window...? Took awhile to load up for me in notepad++

You may want to edit the file and remove: <!DOCTYPE tv SYSTEM "xmltv.dtd"> and the blank line - Probably not the issue though can't hurt.

I don't see any log entries in the server log where Emby is finding any channels like this--->"2019-11-13 16:17:44.340 Info LiveTV: Found epg channel in XmlTV null WNEODT EPG123.35489.schedulesdirect.org" (from my log)

Have you also added an M3U tuner? 

kanipek

Tuner yes.    

Can you provide screen shots of your Live TV and M3U tuner setup pages.

Also if possible PM the M3U to me or an admin. I want to take a look at the structure.

Spaceboy

54Mb is tiny for an xmltv file. mine is currently 847Mb. but i'm using that with xteve and then providing a fully formatted 94Mb xmltv file to emby. all pre-matched in xteve

Spaceboy

as you think you have your m3u loaded properly, can you see all the channels in the live tv channel list and in the live tv grid? to me it looks like an issue with your m3u and i don't actually think youve got any channels loaded in emby to match the xmltv to

m3u url should look something like:

http://www.website:port/get.php?username=user&password=password&type=m3u_plus&output=ts

Edited by Spaceboy
  • Like 1

martylavender

I am using the m3u from my IPTV provider. For the xmltv file this is the process I am using:

zap2xml > zap2it > importing the resulting xmltv file into Emby

I compared the xmltv file I am generating to an xmltv file from xmltvlistings and they look identical in format.

Additionally, that xmltv file only has two days worth of listings as I was testing the file size as well. My actual xmltv file is around 238mb with 15 days worth of guide data

Edited by martylavender

Spaceboy

I am using the m3u from my IPTV provider. For the xmltv file this is the process I am using:

zap2xml > zap2it > importing the resulting xmltv file into Emby

I compared the xmltv file I am generating to an xmltv file from xmltvlistings and they look identical in format.

Additionally, that xmltv file only has two days worth of listings as I was testing the file size as well. My actual xmltv file is around 238mb with 15 days worth of guide data

You haven't answered the question about your m3u. Before looking at your xmltv file confirm the m3u gives you a list of channels in emby

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

You seem to just have used one of the URLs for xteve in the screenshot above. That is not correct.

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

martylavender

What url should I be using?

Where would I see the channel listing after adding my m3u? This is how it was setup before and was working.

Spaceboy

your provider will give you the url. it should be in a similar format to the one i posted above. when you put that url in a browser address bar it should download an personalised m3u file.

can you confirm that works?

martylavender

I’m pretty sure you would input the xteve url as that is the tuner and then in xteve you put in the m3u url.

The m3u url isn’t a tuner address e.g. hdhomerun.

Edited by martylavender

Spaceboy

I’m pretty sure you would input the xteve url as that is the tuner and then in xteve you put in the m3u url.

The m3u url isn’t a tuner address e.g. hdhomerun.

ok, so you are using xteve.

in that case i would point emby at the xteve produced m3u file anyway. this will be better as if xteve crashes and is no longer available when emby refreshes the guide then you'll lose everything. i learned this the hard way. the files will always be there.

so like this

5dcf05276aa49_Capture.png

• Like 2

Spaceboy

So Emby isn’t using xteve at all in this scenario then eh?

not sure what you are expecting from xteve, it takes a full provider m3u and outputs it reordered numbered and matched to epg. The new version redirects stream requests and I believe you can use it to buffer streams too
  • Like 1

martylavender
I guess I am confused.

Ok so I just pointed Emby at the URL for my IPTV providers m3u. Now when I go to the guide I have a massive list of all of their channels. When I load my xmltv file though I still have no channels showing up to map to. What am I missing there?

Looking at the logs I see a lot of this:

2019-11-15 22:34:48.442 Debug LiveTV: Getting programs for channel 375679-PL: DISCOVERY TURBO XTRA from XmlTV-

2019-11-15 22:34:48.442 Debug LiveTV: EPG channel not found for tuner channel 375679-PL: DISCOVERY TURBO XTRA from XmlTV-
Edited by martylavender

martylavender

OMG im an idiot

I just realized xteve is giving me two URLs to use. the m3u URL for the tuner and the xmltv  URL   LOL

WOW   please someone kill me.

• Like 1