jriker1

What is the Home Assistant add-on?

jriker1

Know this isn't Emby specifically to answer but there is an add-on in Home Assistant for Emby.  I've installed it but it just seems to show the Emby server exists, current logged in user, and that it's idle.  Anyone know what this is used for?

Thanks.

JR

seanbuff

It doesn't do a hell of a lot in its current form, but it's a handy way to view the status of all of your clients (local or remote) and be able to control them from your HA dashboard

5dcc979bd3803_emby_ha.png

jriker1

Thanks.  i assume because the only place I watch shows with Emby is on numerous XBox 360 devices I can't really use this?  It does show the playing movie, and a stop button shows when I play movies in HA but it doesn't work and errors.  Other than that, don't have any other buttons like you have above.

Thanks.

JR

jachin99

If you can't get it to work with home assisnt and really want to control your Xboxes then there are tcpip controllers for wmc that can command extenders as well.

adrianwi

Did anyone using this ever find a way just to show active clients rather than a big long list of everything that's ever connected?

I think it would be quite useful if it only showed me 1-3 clients, but not 25-30 :-)

seanbuff

It does show the playing movie, and a stop button shows when I play movies in HA but it doesn't work and errors.  Other than that, don't have any other buttons like you have above.

@@jriker1 I am using a custom media player card, which probably gives me more controls (which actually work) -- you should give it a shot https://github.com/kalkih/mini-media-player

skank

Hi,

I got a couple of questions..

I see that current support limits to controlling the client which is playing media stuff.

Is that correct?

Doest this also means i (i use emby kodi addon) can make automations in home assistants, to turn off lights when client x is playing movie, turn on lights when its paused etc etc?

So i dont need an extra addon inside kodi, but do it on HA side?

Are there plans in the future to expand functionallity of this plugin/integration?

I'm thinking about:

- making a card in home assistant to display movie cover which is playing

- showing cards in home assistant to display latest movies added to emby collection (for ex 10 covers) , would rock if that lasts on HA, even if emby server is down

- showing cards of upcoming new releases to display in HA?

Thx for the info

skank

Mmm i see much mediaplyer.emby but not those i need

I use emby for kodi... is that the reason? arent they included then as mediaplayer?

Bambu Utila

Hi,

I got a couple of questions..

I see that current support limits to controlling the client which is playing media stuff.

Is that correct?

Doest this also means i (i use emby kodi addon) can make automations in home assistants, to turn off lights when client x is playing movie, turn on lights when its paused etc etc?

So i dont need an extra addon inside kodi, but do it on HA side?

Are there plans in the future to expand functionallity of this plugin/integration?

I'm thinking about:

- making a card in home assistant to display movie cover which is playing

- showing cards in home assistant to display latest movies added to emby collection (for ex 10 covers) , would rock if that lasts on HA, even if emby server is down

- showing cards of upcoming new releases to display in HA?

Thx for the info

A lot of what you are thinking about is already possible.

I started playing around with Home Assistant 2 days ago.

When Emby plays a movie, or Kodi for that matter, it will show a pic of the movie on the card.

I have managed to link my Hue lights and Kasa switches.

With automation i have it set a hue scene and turn a kasa light switch off when a movie starts. When it stops all the hue lights turn off and the switch turns my spots back on.

My setup is still very basic. Since i don't understand much from HA yet i have a combo of the Hue plugin in Emby working in combo with HA.

I can't differentiate yet in HA if it's playing a movie/tv series/... (that seems to require pretty advanced coding?!?).

So what i did is it set up what my hue lights have to do in Emby and then build automations around that in HA

It is possible to do it all in HA, but i can't figure that one out yet