6 replies to this topic

#1 jriker1 OFFLINE  

jriker1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 179 posts
  • Local time: 06:09 AM

Posted 13 November 2019 - 06:58 PM

Know this isn't Emby specifically to answer but there is an add-on in Home Assistant for Emby.  I've installed it but it just seems to show the Emby server exists, current logged in user, and that it's idle.  Anyone know what this is used for?

Thanks.

JR

#2 seanbuff OFFLINE  

seanbuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Local time: 05:09 PM
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 13 November 2019 - 07:55 PM

It doesn't do a hell of a lot in its current form, but it's a handy way to view the status of all of your clients (local or remote) and be able to control them from your HA dashboard

5dcc979bd3803_emby_ha.png

#3 jriker1 OFFLINE  

jriker1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 179 posts

Posted 16 November 2019 - 09:22 PM

Thanks.  i assume because the only place I watch shows with Emby is on numerous XBox 360 devices I can't really use this?  It does show the playing movie, and a stop button shows when I play movies in HA but it doesn't work and errors.  Other than that, don't have any other buttons like you have above.

Thanks.

JR

#4 jachin99 OFFLINE  

jachin99

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 663 posts
  • Local time: 01:09 AM

Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:20 PM

If you can't get it to work with home assisnt and really want to control your Xboxes then there are tcpip controllers for wmc that can command extenders as well.

#5 adrianwi OFFLINE  

adrianwi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 17 November 2019 - 04:35 PM

Did anyone using this ever find a way just to show active clients rather than a big long list of everything that's ever connected?

I think it would be quite useful if it only showed me 1-3 clients, but not 25-30 :-)

#6 seanbuff OFFLINE  

seanbuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:02 PM

Did anyone using this ever find a way just to show active clients rather than a big long list of everything that's ever connected?

Give this a go - https://community.ho...ey-exist/130452

#7 seanbuff OFFLINE  

seanbuff

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 17 November 2019 - 08:06 PM

It does show the playing movie, and a stop button shows when I play movies in HA but it doesn't work and errors.  Other than that, don't have any other buttons like you have above.

@jriker1 I am using a custom media player card, which probably gives me more controls (which actually work) -- you should give it a shot https://github.com/k...ni-media-player

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users