Kodi loads but not Emby for Kodi

CharleyVarrick
Go to solution Solved by Angelblue05,

CharleyVarrick

I have been having issues for some days accessing Emby from home network.

See:  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/79223-sluggish-home-network-acces/

All the time I had emby web access problem, I could fire up Kodi and within seconds, it showed the emby greeting, followed by update scan.

But now, if I start Kodi, I do not get the emby greeting nor update scan. :unsure:

Enable Kodi Companion is checked.

The funny thing is the original emby issue is gone for now

EDIT: I was referring earlier to my workhorse pc, but I just noticed my HTPC has the same symptoms as the work pc (no greeting, no update, and not showing in Emby Dashboard as active devices.

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

Hi Luke,

just a quick recap.

PC 1  emby server + media

Clients:

PC 2  embyweb, emby for kodi

PC 3  embyweb, emby for kodi

As client PC 2 and PC 3 kodi are both unable connect to emby, do you want both of their log ?

CharleyVarrick

On my left screen, I have embyweb on dashboard view, specifically active devices where I see only my firefox browser.

On my right screen, I open Kodi, but I dont get the emby user greeting nor any update scan info.

None of the displayed media is playable; I either get

A) a kodi popup saying: Playback failed. One or more items failed to play. Check the log for more information about this message. (with OK button) 

B  ) a small prompt in kodi notification top right area: Playlist. Can't find a next item to play with a circled "i" info symbol

On first screen, emby dashboard active devices, no kodi device ever appear.  

EDIT: just in case, I uninstalled kodi companion, rebooted kodi, reinstalled it, rebooted, no joy...

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

I think I fixed it for pc "2".

I was looking around in the Emby for Kodi setting when I noticed SRVR login.

I clicked it and had to select main server.

The first had wifi symbol (wifi is a disabled option on this desktop), so I selected the wired icon and voila: Emby greeted and updated within seconds. 5dcc57135b488_Capture5.jpg

Will try same fix on htpc, but its an strange  concidence both kodi pc were both disconnected from Emby, at the same exact time.

CharleyVarrick

htpc "3" emby for kodi addon menu doesn't show SRVR (Login) like pc "2" (shown here).

5dcc5d1acb13e_Capture6.jpg

Edited by jlr19

Angelblue05

@@jlr19

I recommend you go into the add-on settings > advanced > disable mask sensitive information temporarily. Restart Kodi and check your log. The server is returning 401 unauthorized, something with the token used likely, can you make sure it's using the right access token for the server. I see above, you have two servers listed, check the file within addon_date/plugin.video.emby/data.json to make sure it's correct.

Did it ever ask you to reauthenticate?

Edited by Angelblue05

CharleyVarrick

@@jlr19

I recommend you go into the add-on settings > advanced > disable mask sensitive information temporarily. Restart Kodi and check your log.

Here's the log

Edited by Angelblue05

CharleyVarrick

@@jlr19

The server is returning 401 unauthorized, something with the token used likely, can you make sure it's using the right access token for the server.

How do I do that ?

Angelblue05

@@jlr19

check the file within addon_date/plugin.video.emby/data.json to make sure it's correct.

It would be in that file. But give me a few to test things here, you said it didn't prompt you to reauthenticate, that doesn't seem right.

CharleyVarrick

It would be in that file. But give me a few to test things here, you said it didn't prompt you to reauthenticate, that doesn't seem right.

I found what you meant but its gibberish to me, I've unsuccessfully tried to enclosed the file here: I can PM if it helps

Edited by jlr19

CharleyVarrick

Ok, does it display an access token value in the file for the server you are trying to connect?

it does show alpha numerical 30 digits long value

• Like 1

CharleyVarrick

What if u erase the accesstoken line, save the file, restart kodi? Does it ask u to authenticate?

Is it ok if I open/edit the file with notepad ?

• Like 1

• Solution
Angelblue05

Is it ok if I open/edit the file with notepad ?

Yes, sorry I should have said, open the file with notepad. Just make sure u erase the entire line and it should be good to go.

• Like 1