Embycon - Flatten single season

jdee

Flatten single season (ticked) doesn't seem to work as I expect using Embyon....

From what I can tell if a series does only have one season then Embycon correctly goes straight to the Episodes list.

However, if there's say 11 seasons but I have already watched the first 10 and I use the "hide watched" setting, Embycon shows the Season list rather than going straight to the episodes list. Effectively I do only have 1 season.

Using Kodi for Emby it works as expected which I think uses the the Flatten setting within Kodi. That is, selecting a TV show goes straight to the episodes if "hide watched" means only one season would be displayed.

Is there any way I can achieve this with Embycon?

ps. In case anyone wonders why I don't just use Kodi for Emby.... I really like Kodi for Emby but my high priority feature is "watched" status updated in both Kodi and Emby Server.... Embycon is doing this whilst I can't get Kodi for Emby to do this.

TeamB

This is working as intended.

EmbyCon does not currently take into account watched when it calculates the number of seasons a show has.

I will have a look and see if this can be addressed.

TeamB

After thinking about this a little and looking at the code I dont see a good way around this.

The problem is that if a user has flatten single season TV Shows enabled I dont know if they actually want to see the old seasons or not when browsing. They will never be able to browse the old season, it will always just hide them.

One way around this is to have an option to flatten A TV Show to the All episodes by default, this way when you view the episode list in Kodi for a TV Show with the local hide watched enabled you will only see the episodes that are un-watched. This would be like jumping directly into the ALL when you view a TV Show.

Ahh, ok.... via Embycon perhaps you can't actually tell how many "seasons" are retrieved / displayed to the user? That is, "if >1 then show seasons, if =1 then skip seasons and go straight to episodes"

In my case (I understand people do things differently) I prefer and tick the "hide watched" box and therefore most of the time only have 1 season visible after I select a TV series. Per your point above, when I want to watch old seasons I untick "hide watched" and therefore more often than not presented with >1 season and yes, should all be shown for relevant selection.

Certainly no need for you to go to any effort.... honestly just assumed that Embycon could tell if there's only 1 season visible to user, or >1 season.

Thanks for responding and the information.

TeamB

I guess the main difference here is EmbyCon works on data retrieved form the server and needs apply the "filter" to the requested data i.e. dont return watched, this means the client never sees it and the client can not show hide it interactively.