Nearly switching over to Media Browser.... but

337Manni

337Manni

I have road tested Media Browser with a sample of my media collection and I must say I am very happy with it.

I am now looking to take the plunge and trust it with my entire media collection....

There are a couple of small thing stopping me however,

Currently I use Ember Media Manager (EMM) to grab images, metadata, Actor info and trailers for my films. This has been working perfectly with XBMC, however the file naming is different to that of Media Browser.

A tipical Film folder after EMM

Films

>Red (2010)

>.actors

- Red (2010).avi

- Red (2010).nfo

- Red (2010).srt

- Red (2010).tbn

- Red (2010)-fanart.jpg

- Red (2010)-poster.jpg

- Red (2010)-trailer.mp4

A tipical Film folder after Media Browser

Films

>Red (2010)

>extrafanart

>extrathumbs

-banner.jpg

-clearart.png

-disc.png

-fanart.jpg

-landscape.jpg

-logo.png

-movie.xml

-poster.jpg

-Red (2010).avi

- Red (2010).eng.srt

- Red (2010).nfo

1. Due to slow internet I store my trailers locally. I can’t find a way to make Media Browser download these trailers.

2. Again I can’t seem to find how to download Actor images.

3. If i run Media Browser with a film I’ve already scraped with EMM then I end up with duplicate files (poster.jpg and Red-poster.jpg). Is there anyway to rename either of these with Media Browser so I don’t have this situation? I have a lot of films so manually renaming or even deleting those files would be a pain!

Q3 would delay my adoption of Media Browser as I migrate my media structure over

If Q1 & Q2 are work in progress then I could happily use Media Browser and EMM until then

Koleckai Silvestri

1. Install the local trailers plugin. If your using the latest beta, this is different from the Trailers channel.

2. Actor image download will happen automatically if you use MediaBrowser's metadata tool. They aren't stored in a .Actor folder as that creates a tremendous amount of duplicates. They are stored in the ImagesByName folder.

3. Use Media Browser to pull Metadata and tell it to stored images as XBMC compatible. There is even a plugin to store XBMC's .info files. You can configure Metadata collection in the Configuration Tool.

Good day,

For:

1 - From the media browser server dashboard, click on Channels menu then enable download for trailers and they are other settings as well.

2 - On Task menu, click the arrow to start "Refresh People"

My best

337Manni

Thanks for your replys

I’m running the stable build of Media Browser currently Version 3.0.5271.29451.

I’ve installed the Local Trailer build, and on the Dashboard I saw the progress bar for downloading trailers, but when I go to the film Red, click on trailers it opens another tab with a Youtube trailer. If I open the folder in explorer where the film Red is safed, there is no local trailer.

What trailers did it download?

Where does it save them to?

I have actor images! Out of interest where are they saved?

I have tested the XBMC compatibility and it does recognise the Red (2010)-poster and therefore doesn’t duplicate it. However I have added another folder  / new film and it names the poster as “poster.jpg” not “FilmTitle-poster.jpg” I’ll still have two ways of naming files until I manually change over to a single way.

1 - From the Channels menu I only have an option for “Preferred internet stream quality:”

Best available, 1080p, 720p, 480p.

Theres no option to download.

Thanks again for your help!

V0RT3X

Personally I find the metadata tool for media browser a bit lacking. When I first started, it wasn't able to identify 90% of my media. I use something called Media Center Master and that works pretty well. Just highlight all your movies, right click, get metadata, this metadata will work with media browser

saitoh183

Personally I find the metadata tool for media browser a bit lacking. When I first started, it wasn't able to identify 90% of my media. I use something called Media Center Master and that works pretty well. Just highlight all your movies, right click, get metadata, this metadata will work with media browser

MB Metadata detection does sometime have problems but a simple refresh usually fixes the problem

Latchmor

When I first started, it wasn't able to identify 90% of my media.

Mmm, how long ago was that? All I can say is that nearly every new movie I add now in the correct format is found and populated with metadata really quickly.

Plus you have the Identify button to help it out if required.

Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Thanks for your replys

I’m running the stable build of Media Browser currently Version 3.0.5271.29451.

I’ve installed the Local Trailer build, and on the Dashboard I saw the progress bar for downloading trailers, but when I go to the film Red, click on trailers it opens another tab with a Youtube trailer. If I open the folder in explorer where the film Red is safed, there is no local trailer.

What trailers did it download?

Where does it save them to?

I have actor images! Out of interest where are they saved?

I have tested the XBMC compatibility and it does recognise the Red (2010)-poster and therefore doesn’t duplicate it. However I have added another folder  / new film and it names the poster as “poster.jpg” not “FilmTitle-poster.jpg” I’ll still have two ways of naming files until I manually change over to a single way.

1 - From the Channels menu I only have an option for “Preferred internet stream quality:”

Best available, 1080p, 720p, 480p.

Theres no option to download.

Thanks again for your help!

Good day,

Regarding:

5397267bd6272_mediab3abo1684.jpg

539726941e862_mediab3abo1685.jpg

Regarding actors image path:

539726b47568b_mediab3abo1686.jpg

My best

A trailer won't be found for every movie.  Perhaps it just wasn't able to find one for Red...

337Manni

It wasn't just the Red film, it was every film which didn't get a trailer 10 out of 10, hmm.

I'm just in the process of trying Abobader's method,

The option wasn't available in Channels until I realised I needed to install the Plugin Trailers.

Just set it downloading now, but it looks like its only for x days then it will delete them.

337Manni

Well the Trailers plugin just download the atest trailers I assume, as the two I let it donload where for films that arnt in my collection.

Back to trying the Local Trailers Plugin....

Koleckai Silvestri

Try the plugin on this site to download trailers for movies already in your library: http://www.ballingtons.com/products/

The official local trailer plugin will not download from YouTube as far as I am aware. If such is legal in your country of residence than the above link may help.

Edited by Wayne Luke