Emby Playing Dual Video

Misinthe

Misinthe

Hi everyone, I have a movie that when I play it on Windows Player, it plays fine, but when I play it on Emby, it has dual screens. What is the reason for this and can I fix it? Or do I need to get a new source?

Thank you for your help.

post-394116-0-48902500-1573506964_thumb.png

post-394116-0-06062100-1573506973_thumb.png

post-394116-0-87504600-1573506981_thumb.png

post-394116-0-51669300-1573506987_thumb.png

Misinthe

It's a side by side. What app are you using? Theater from the Windows store?

I tried my LG Smart TV App and my Android App.

Any of my 3D movies all ,Half SBS, will play like that on Emby on any of my devices. I only have 3D on two different devices, so I keep all my 3D content in a separate library to not have it in the way unnecessarily.

You might have to rip your regular bluray for the non-3D version. You can keep 3D in same folder as your regular content, if you name properly for choosing: See the  Wiki for naming conventions.

https://github.com/MediaBrowser/Wiki/wiki/Movie%20naming

The only (really working) way to play the 3d files in 3d is by using Kodi as player, there you can set hardware for output, as long as your hardware supports this (for example on a not too old Intel NUC).

With Emby Theater you can use the attached lua (inside the zip) in the mpv scripts folder (best to use the general folder in %appdata%\mpv\scripts) to convert 3d to your desired output format.

You can insert the (supported) format in the first line of the script, at the moment there's "ml", which means "mono left", so it plays 3d files in 2d (left eye only).

In the ffmpeg documentation you can see the available out parameters, you can use, even if some of some might not work or are broken (like "irl").

The script needs the video files correctly tagged for the used 3d format to work and also I would think the player (Kodi or Emby Theater) needs direct access, as transcoding/streaming might break this.

Ciao, Alfred

play-3d.zip

Edited by serpi