Move watched statues from one server to another server

lalajee
Go to solution Solved by lalajee,

Hi, I had a issue with the emby server so I download new version of portable emby server and start adding my TV show and moves but for some reason it start over writing my watched status in the nfo. Also I dont see people folder under metadata. I need to copy all of the people images onto new server how do i do it. older server doesnt existed. 

5dc84a00113c3_2019111017_33_011921681230

5dc84a50d7624_2019111017_34_471921681230

Edited by lalajee

Hi, we don't read watch data from nfo files. It's write only and the writing is based on watch status in emby server.

Hi, we don't read watch data from nfo files. It's write only and the writing is based on watch status in emby server.

In previous version it did, why this has been removed as i much like that feature. now when i move the movies/tv show it forgots the watched status.

Happy2Play

Save user watch data to nfo's for:

Enable this to save watch data to Nfo files for other applications to utilize.

Emby has never used the watched status it has written to nfo files.  Do to the fact it would only work for one user.

The only way for a moved item to lose its watched status is if the item does not have providerids (ie TVDB, TMDB, IMDB).  As that is how Emby tracks played userdata.

Edited by Happy2Play

Emby has never used the watched status it has written to nfo files.  Do to the fact it would only work for one user.

The only way for a moved item to lose its watched status is if the item does not have providerids (ie TVDB, TMDB, IMDB).  As that is how Emby tracks played userdata.

none of the movies have tvdb or imdb id. 

in past i reset the emby server by adding all of the path in and never had any issue but this time its not picking any nfo files.

When i modify the nfo file it then updates it.

Happy2Play

So items that do not have providerids are tracked by their databaseid, and everytime the item moved it is removed from the database and re-added, so a new databaseid.  So it can never be truly maintained in a users watch status.

Edited by Happy2Play

It's a workaround, but one option would be to assign each series a fake tvdb id, then that will be saved in the series nfo and you should be fine after that.

• Like 1

Hi, Is it possible to move watched statues from one server to another server.

From what i read its not possible if the movies/tv show are not listed in imdb/tvdb.

Can someone please let me know if this can done with current version.

Hi.  You can do this with the Configuration Backup plug-in.  However, if your items are not globally identified (with one of those IDs) then this may not work either.

Hi.  You can do this with the Configuration Backup plug-in.  However, if your items are not globally identified (with one of those IDs) then this may not work either.

Is it not possible without globally identified id's.  all of the movies / tv show dont have globally identified id.

If there are no global identifiers then the system has to create local ones and there is no way to associate those across different systems.  That's why we use the global ones primarily.

If there are no global identifiers then the system has to create local ones and there is no way to associate those across different systems.  That's why we use the global ones primarily.

Will they be solution to this problem in future release.

nfo has the option to store so it can read the information from it.. 

Happy2Play

Will they be solution to this problem in future release.

nfo has the option to store so it can read the information from it.. 

As mentioned in other topics that would only apply to one user.  So what about a multi user environment?

But when you say from one server to another what do you mean?  If these are the same OS and the paths will remain the same, then you can move the entire programdata folder from one to the other.

Same os but different path.

What if I have my own custom Unique ID for each movie. Will this work if I move data around. Can this custom id be saved in nfo file.

It's a workaround, but one option would be to assign each series a fake tvdb id, then that will be saved in the series nfo and you should be fine after that.

Can you please let me know what the code will look like e.g. <tvdb>12345</tvdb>

What kind of otehr custom tag i can use to make movie as watched if the path did change.

What is the max value can you have?

can you use date and time?

Edited by lalajee

What if I have my own custom Unique ID for each movie. Will this work if I move data around. Can this custom id be saved in nfo file.

IF you entered that ID into one of the provider ID fields AND that ID was in place before any watched data is recorded, then that would work.

However, that is not the case at this time so probably moot in your situation.

Can you please let me know what the code will look like e.g. 12345

What kind of otehr custom tag i can use to make movie as watched if the path did change.

What is the max value can you have?

can you use date and time?

Your problem with this is that ID would have to exist at the very beginning of the life of the item - before ANY watched/favorite data is recorded.  So, you cannot add these now for existing items and have it solve your problem.

• Solution

@Luke @ebr

Following both of your message I created a powershell script to go thorugh each nfo file and add a unique fake id.

get-childitem -path $path -filters *.nfo |

Foreach-object {

$file = $_.FileName

$ID = [Math]::Round((Get-Date).ToFileTimeUTC()/10000)

(get-content -path $file).replace ("<plot />", "<plot /> <imdbid>$ID</imdbid>") | set-content -path $file

}

Then added all of the items back into emby and run the scan again. then mark all item i remeber watched as waatched

Edited by lalajee