Can't connect to server using Emby Connect

Jestersemby

Jestersemby

Hi everyone

new to Emby. I've added a Emby server to cloudboxes, created a user and created a Emby plex account. i can connect to my server manually but i can't connect using Emby Connect. However, when connecting manually i use port 443 but on my server dashboard my remote access is using port 8096. When i click on the remote access link i get "this site can not be reached" screen, but i delete the port number 8096 at the end and replace it with 443 it connects. So i'm thinking that is the reason why Emby Connect is not connecting because it's trying to connect to port 8096.

please how do i fix this?

thank you

...but on my server dashboard my remote access is using port 8096. 

No, it doesn't so he needs to adjust that in the settings I believe.

bobaldis

I've started having a similar problem with using Connect from the webpage, I can connect using the Android mobile App and if I use the external link on the Dashboard so know it is getting through my Router Forwarding.

Anything I can provide to help resolve this?

5dd5e08eb146f_EmbyConnect.png

Happy2Play

I've started having a similar problem with using Connect from the webpage, I can connect using the Android mobile App and if I use the external link on the Dashboard so know it is getting through my Router Forwarding.

Not positive but could pending Emby restart cause this? Should be a you are only getting the availability notice.

Edited by Happy2Play

bobaldis

Not positive but could pending Emby restart cause this? Should be a you are only getting the availability notice.

Hi,

Sorry, I can't understand what you are asking/saying?

Bob

mohoelx

+1 ... was using this fine for a bit. Had a recent week or 2 when I was not using anything, and when I came back, had an update and could not connect. Same error.

I was able to connect using the direct IP:8096 option, but was also unable to 'add a new server'. 

Now tonight, it seems to be working o.k. Although I am on a different computer tonight. Will see what happens tomorrow when I'm back at the one that was not working.

mohoelx

Ok, back to the computer that was not working yesterday. And it still does not ... sort of.

Firefox, not working

Chrome, working.

Same computer / network / user.

Cleared cache on FF and tried again, same thing. 

Weird....

Now to find out if my remote Roku (which was working) follows FF or Chrome now.

mohoelx

Additional thought regarding FF, which is beginning to make me think there may be a setting in FF that needs to be tweaked ... I should mention currently all work is on the local LAN. I do have a remote Roku that is spinning out also as of last report, which is the main reason I care about getting this fixed....

https://app.emby.media/#!/startup/login.html?serverId=1*******************************0(numbers of server ID obfuscated, not sure if it matters) - This just spins and spins and spins ... never completing.

http://192.168.0.162:8096/web/index.html#!/startup/login.html?serverId=1*******************************0(same server ID) connects immediately and allows me to work normally.

Is it something in FF? Or something in Emby's server?

Thanks -

mohoelx

What I mean is sitting here on the same laptop, if I open Chrome and go to emby.media and log in, I can get to my server just fine. Open FireFox, go to emby.media and login, it will list my server, but when I click on it, I get an immediate "Connection Failure" error.

If I copy the URL from the working Chrome session just prior to sign-in (app.emby.media/#!/startup/login.html?serverId=1*long_string) I get the "please sign in" screen but with no user tiles, and it never completes loading - just a spinning circle for as long as I'll let it go.....

Looking at the wiki, it talked about using the IP directly as an attempt to isolate problems. When I do that in FF, I reach the "please sign in" screen that lists all my users, a "manual login" and "forgot password" tiles. From there, if I click my user tile, I can access it just fine, but it is ONLY with the IP in the address. Any attempt to use 'app.emby' goes back to failure...but only in FF. 

What I don't know is which result a remote Roku will get, but early reports from my son was that it was following the FF result of an infinite spinning circle.

mohoelx

DING DING DING! Thanks @@Admin ... as soon as you asked that, it triggered a painful memory with Plex and the DuckDuckGo Security Essentials plug-in, which after leaving Plex, I had re-enabled. So not sure why, but the DDG Sec Essentials is what was killing the connection. Also not sure why I never installed in on Chrome, but it was only on FF....

Thanks!

Also, really enjoying Emby. Keep up the good work!

bobaldis

Any suggestions or assistance, please let me know if I can provide any addtional information?

Bob

mohoelx

If you were asking me, yes - the DuckDuckGo Security Essentials was the plug-in that was breaking the connection. I disabled that, and FireFox started working again.

bobaldis

Can connect now, did you find a fix?

Bob

Looks like he did in post #15.

Hi Luke,

I probably didn't word that very well, this might make it clearer:

"I can now connect and haven't changed anything, @@admins did you manage to find and fix a system issue?"

Bob

• 8 months later...
gngobin

I'm using Roku to connect and even tried with cellphone still nothing at one point my server name came up on Roku but was unable to login.

1 hour ago, gngobin said:

I'm using Roku to connect and even tried with cellphone still nothing at one point my server name came up on Roku but was unable to login.

Hi, what exactly happens when you try?