Can't enable HTTPS

enr00ted

enr00ted

Hi there,

I'm new to Emby. Just installed it on my Synology 218+ by adding the repo to the package center. I suppose it's the latest available.

I have a .pfx certificate generated from the let's encrypt one that I use for the nas. Password protected.

Now without any other modifications I go to the remote connection settings, I enable, I link the certificate path, put the certificate password, make the server accept or require secure connections, save and restart the server, both from the UI, and the package center.

I have both ports forwarded from the router 8096, 8920 to my nas.

Now when I access the server again, it does not work on port 8920. The dashboard only shows HTTP listeners for local and remote (that work), nothing about HTTPS, not for local, not for remote.

Does this even work ?

Thank you for your time.

PS: I installed and reinstalled a few times already, to the same result.

enr00ted

Thanks for the feedback.

Hey Luke, I know what the problem was. I have an external SSD attached via eSATA to my NAS (satashare). If I put the certificate there, even if I give permissions It does not work. It has to be on the same drive as Emby (volume1). Maybe this is to be expected or something you might want to consider.

Hi, it doesn't have to be on the same drive. It can be anywhere. Emby Server must not have had permission to read the contents.