3.0.10 back button not working

jellowe

Just updated to 3.0.10 and the back button doesn't work. On the home screen, normally I use the back button on my harmony remote to get to the settings menu. Doesn't work. Also, if I navigate from home screen into TV shows or movies, the back button doesn't work so I can't get back to the home screen. I found that I can highlight my user icon and select Home, then from there I can go into TV or movies and the back button works fine.

Ok here's a video I made. I tried this 3 times with the same results, rebooted computer too. Basically the back button doesn't work unless I go to my user icon and select home, but if I hit the back button far enough to get top the "original" home it stops working.

Not a major issue for me right now because I'm about to downgrade to 3.0.6 but just letting you know in case others have a similar issue.

pgriffith

Having the same issue on one of my machines, the back button doesn't work reliably, once it stuffs up no other navigation is possible.

It's as if ET has lost focus... BUT ... if I move the mouse then it works fine. Bear in mind I'm only moving the mouse here, not clicking to regain focus, so ET is still the focused window, but it needs the mouse moved for some reason.

This is a major pain in the arse in a lounge room environment, having to keep getting up to move the bloody mouse.

OK yes i can reproduce, this is a very specific issue. The problem is that on the home screen you can't click back to pull up the menu. In all other cases it is working just fine.

We'll take a look. Thanks for the video.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
maxxoverclocker

+1 here, affecting me as well. I've mostly trained myself and the family to not press the back button to get to the log out screen, but it still does happen unfortunately, especially with people unfamiliar with the issue.

• 1 month later...

I'm having this issue also, but my symptoms are a little different from the descriptions here. For me it is inconsistent. When I start Theater, sometimes the back button will work perfectly. Most often, however, I cannot use it to exit the Home screen to the menu or to return to the Home screen after selecting a media type. The back button seems to work in all other cases, but, of course this is enough to make it a pain. Once it fails after entering Theater, it fails the same way consistently. If it works when I first enter, then it works consistently thereafter. I have no problems with any other navigation keys.

Thanks