Server on Shield TV

brianbsmith

I get

I get a "app not installed" message.

As I stated, it does NOT install in the first place. That's the issue I'm running into.

I got it to install guys. Now to see if it works. Thanks for at least trying to help! 

I got it to install guys. Now to see if it works. Thanks for at least trying to help! 

Can you please share the solution to that?

Thanks.

EODCrafter

Can you please share the solution to that?

Thanks.

Yea. Op "Clicked" on it after enabling Unknown Sources  :lol:

• 1 year later...
UncleLeoTheDad

I installed emby server on my Shield TV Pro recently.  I've been using plex for a while now, but I love all the customizations emby offers.  I even jumped in to a premier lifetime license.  That said, now that I'm actually trying to stream my 4k movies I'm noticing they constantly stutter.  This is not the case with plex.  I am able to stream 4k/atmos movies both locally and remotely with rare issue. 

I've checked to make sure there are no scheduled tasks running.

Is there some other performance tweaking I need to do to make this all work smoothly or is emby server on shield "too young" for that level of quality streaming?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
UncleLeoTheDad

Fair!  I wanted to follow up on this as your reply made me dig further.  It looks like ultimately my problem was due to the fact that I was watching things on an Xbox Series X and it doesn't handle mkv/h.265 well.  Ignore for now!  Thanks!