misterkoat

misterkoat

So I'm a new user for emby and I loved it right from the start. It's easier to use than all other media servers. However, I noticed a couple problems

1.With reading music tags

I have a vast collection of music files, and I arrange them in folders. I have complete albums in a single folder, and singles in another folder. However, when i added the files to Emby, it was a mess. (See screenshot to understand). It was super frustrating. Note that Kodi and Plex read the tags just as they are.

2. Emby on Kodi

I love Kodi. As a result, I always connect Kodi with my Media servers (and if they fail I use Kodi as is.) However, it's  drag to get emby to work well. For instance, I have episodes which have VTT subtitles. Since no player apart from VLC can be able to show VTT subtitles, I have added it as an external player. The problem is that after I'm done playing the episode, the watched status changes back to unwatched and if I visit Emby on a browser, the episode is unwatched (mark you i already watched it).

Those two are the most pressing.

TeamB

Point 1 sounds like an Emby server question, you might want to ask over on the server general Forum about music.

Point 2 external players are difficult to get right and I don't think it is fully supported.

Edited by TeamB

1.With reading music tags

I have a vast collection of music files, and I arrange them in folders. I have complete albums in a single folder, and singles in another folder. However, when i added the files to Emby, it was a mess. (See screenshot to understand). It was super frustrating. Note that Kodi and Plex read the tags just as they are.

Currently Emby Server requires album folders, with the tracks for the albums inside.

This requirement is not intended to be permanent, and we are working on improving it so that you can organize your files however you wish. We're just not there yet.