Wasn't there a Play Next Up before??

mgworek
Go to solution Solved by FrostByte,

mgworek

My tv broke back in July and I finally found the part to fix it. I thought tv series had Play Next Up before like the web app and other apps have? I know that has been discussed in other apps before (It was taken away but put back in the apple tv app).

Glad I have my tv working again and I no longer have to use Kodi but I have to click few times before playing next up.

Thanks!

mgworek

Hi, yes it is there.

Hmm i was not seeing it. I will try to find it again tonight. If I don't see it, I will take a screen shot. If it is there, sorry for being a dork and bothering you.

FrostByte

It's the very first button when you open a series.  Also the default button highlighted in green.  Make sure you have version .69 if you can't see it.

mgworek

Yea I am not seeing it. My first button is Play All. I replaced the brains on my tv this weekend so the app was a fresh install. How do I check app versions on the Samsung tv? I just realized I didn’t do any updates to the tv itself so going to try that now.

Thanks

Happy2Play

Yea I am not seeing it. My first button is Play All. I replaced the brains on my tv this weekend so the app was a fresh install. How do I check app versions on the Samsung tv? I just realized I didn’t do any updates to the tv itself so going to try that now.

Thanks

Not sure about within the app but you should see the version on the server dashboard.

• Like 2

mgworek

Ok maybe that’s it. Samsung is telling me Emby version 1.0.62 and that is was updated on 10/30/2019

Edited by mgworek

• Solution
FrostByte

Ok maybe that’s it. Samsung is telling me Emby version 1.0.62 and that is was updated on 10/30/2019

It looks like it's been awhile since you updated :)  That version may very well be the latest available for you in the Samsung store depending on your model, but there is a newer version .69 you can load from USB.  

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/74969-samsung-tizen-smarttv-2015-present-beta-app-install-from-usb/

Also, ignore that date in the Samsung store.  That is the last date an update was approved for Emby from ALL models even if it Samsung didn't release the latest version of the app for your TV.  I have a 2018 and the last version approved for my TV is.62 even though the date changes every month because there was an update for another year.

The newer version will also display the version number on the app settings page, that wasn't there before in .62

• Like 1

mgworek

Ok thanks for the help guys!

I will try loading it usb since it seems I can’t get it from Samsung. Never buying a Samsung tv again. Year old tv and it breaks right after warranty is over and Samsung doesn’t sell parts for it.

FrostByte

Ok thanks for the help guys!

I will try loading it usb since it seems I can’t get it from Samsung. Never buying a Samsung tv again. Year old tv and it breaks right after warranty is over and Samsung doesn’t sell parts for it.

Have you tried finding parts at samsungparts?  I had to order a main board and replace it on one of mine after the warranty ran out.

http://www.samsungparts.com/mobile/PartsList.aspx?Catalog=Parts_and_Accessories&Category=QN75Q8FNBFXZA

mgworek

I didn’t try there but the tv repair shop had it for 3 months and couldn’t find it. Mine was the brain as well. I can easily find the power board. My tv has 2 different versions and for awhile you could find parts for the other but not mine. I found it on eBay one day out of the blue for $25. The seller had 4, I should have bought all 4 and he should have been selling them for more. You can easily find the other versions board on eBay. I just bought a used power board as well today so I will be set if that fails.

Smart TVs, nothing but expensive huge replaceable plastic they want you to throw out every 2 years.....

Thanks for the link though! I will bookmark it.

mgworek

Got it updated and working from usb! Thanks guys and sorry for not seeing the sticky. It was posted right before my tv broke so I haven’t been paying attention to this part of the forums..

• Like 1