Internet access quality issues

kaynemo

kaynemo

I've been trying and trying and I can't seem to get it to work properly anymore. In the past, the system would correctly choose the transcoding values and either do a direct stream or choose to transcode. The result - always a good quality picture on the receiving end. Lately, no matter the settings, unless I manually choose the correct value from the "gear icon" menu - the system defaults to very strange low res quality, resulting in horrible pixelization. No matter what values I set in the Transcoding menu - the result is the same. Please help!!!

As a test, if you disable hardware acceleration under the server transcoding menu, does this make a difference?

kaynemo

You know, I did some tests and it does help - turning off transcoding defaults internet connection to 1080p@6 mb/s, while others it defaults to 720p and shows no other options on the gear menu, but still looks much much better than before. It still shows its transcoding in the panel, though, for the 1080p video. What does that mean and where does it leave me?

Thanks

Edited by kaynemo

turning off transcoding defaults internet connection to 1080p@6 mb/s

I think you changed the wrong thing. Try putting that back on and disabling hardware acceleration under the server transcoding menu.

Ok so if that's all you did, then it will not have any impact on this:

defaults internet connection to 1080p@6 mb/s, while others it defaults to 720p

That's related to the in-app quality setting you've chosen.

Ok so the quality that Auto chooses will end up being a major factor into whether it transcodes or not. Is there still an issue at this point?

kaynemo

I am not sure. It still acts strangely - some videos it plays in Auto mode defaulting to 720 when it can easily go 1080 if switched manually. Others, similar videos, it defaults to 1080p 5 mb/s, when it can play them at 10+ mb/s without delay and without transcoding. Everything is set to Auto and the Hardware transcode option is off.