How to set up Emby Library with different NTFS drives? Linux Newbie :(

AbirX

Hi, I am a complete noob! Recently switched from Windows to Linux. I'm having trouble setting up my library with the files from NTFS drives created using windows. Can anyone tell me how to add files from other drives to my emby library? I'm using deepin x64bit (debian 9 based).

Hi there, are these drives on the same machine?

Yes. I had 5 drives on windows. C, D,E, F & G drives. Same hard disk, 5 Partitions. I just formatted C (windows) drive and installed Linux on it. But my media files are on other drives. How can I add them to my emby library?

Edited by AbirX

Are you able to access them from the linux OS?

Yes, I can access them via linux file manager. But I can't access them from emby, when I type the path to create my library, it says no such directory or something! :(

mastrmind11

Yes, I can access them via linux file manager. But I can't access them from emby, when I type the path to create my library, it says no such directory or something! :(

You need to give emby access to the drives.  Google "how to set permissions in linux"

Basically the NTFS drives remain unmounted at startup. When I double click on it, the are mounted as "/media/username/drivename". But emby doesn't show this path.

But emby doesn't show this path.

That's OK, you can still enter the path manually into the directory picker. Have you tried that? If this is not working then it means the server doesn't have permissions for the path. Have you checked this?

Yes tried that & didn't work. Now, editing fstab and setting the drives to auto-mount at startup seem to solve the problem. I set the default mount location to /media/NTFS, and emby recognized this path. Is this okay or does it have any side effect? Thank you all for your support!

Edited by AbirX