Can I use Schedules Direct as data source for Guide TV?

vdatanet

vdatanet

Hi,

I'm planning to use Live TV with Emby. I want to sign up for Schedules Direct as a guide provider, but I see this:

5dbb524c682bf_Capturadepantalla20191031a

So, my question is Can I use Schedules Direct as data source for Guide TV?

In the immediate short term, yes, but eventually they will disable our api key, so you're probably better off figuring out an xml based solution.

You can use epg123 with ShedulesDirect to write an xmltv file that Emby can use. With epg123 you can customize your guide channel numbers too but I think I read someplace that this will be in a future Emby release.

vdatanet

Thanks, I will use Schedules Direct, if they disable it, I will find another solution.

Direct support for SD in our interface will probably go away sometime fairly soon as it will have been an entire year since we added our own direct support.  You could still use it through other products if you wish.

Just FYI.

vdatanet

Yes, but direct support is limited to United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Please don't remove SD until you support more countries.

Yes, but direct support is limited to United States, Canada and the United Kingdom. Please don't remove SD until you support more countries.

It isn't our choice.  The only reason you should be using SD now is if you had a subscription prior to our adding GN support.  Officially SD is not supported for any new subscriptions.

You can, however, use one of the other methods mentioned above.

vdatanet
I've finally managed to use SD with XMLTV, using tv_grab_zz_sdjson included in the package xmltv for Ubuntu.

Thanks! 

vdatanet

Using SD these TV programs showed images. Using XMLTV images are not shown. Where do these images came from?

5dbfec0716f9b_Anotacin20191104101351.jpg

Spaceboy

Using SD these TV programs showed images. Using XMLTV images are not shown. Where do these images came from?

5dbfec0716f9b_Anotacin20191104101351.jpg

in epg123 there are options to use the art urls of SD

vdatanet

in epg123 there are options to use the art urls of SD

Thanks, finally I've found a fork, tv_grab_az_sdjson_sqlite that supports artwork grab, and now I have artwork!

Edited by vdatanet
  • Like 1