Podcasts doesn't show

mattpwill

mattpwill

Hi

Just recently, 'Podcasts' doesn't show on the main screen in MBC. Do you know what might be causing this? I'm using the latest "beta" Server and MBC which update on the beta level. The "Podcasts" now seem to show in "Channels" in the web browser, which appears to have changed since I last used it.

I recently updated Shark007 codecs, could something related to this be a cause?

Thank you for your help

Matt

snazy2000

The podcast system had been moved in to channels wmc has support for this but only in dev version I'm sure it will be in beta release soon

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

mattpwill

Just updated to the dev build, and I can now see Podcasts but it's hardly functional, where is the EHS for Podcasts? That enabled me to see the latest podcasts. Also, I seem to be unable to sort by date. This change has made Podcasts for which I paid completely useless

Edited by mattpwill

CBers

Podcasts should be treated the same as the Trailers plugin/Channel, whereby there are 2 different solutions at the same time.

At least until everything is in place.

Also, the Podcast Channel in the catalog needs it's image changing, as it looks like it's just a TED Podcast plugin - it'll put people off.

CBers

Cbers, I agree, can you look for a new image?

There are 100's, if not 1000's !!

podcast.png Internet-marketing-podcast-e130012839638 

podcasts-that-captivate.jpg

Well, this is going to be a casualty of lumping all of these things under a single menu option of "Channels".  Even if we make it possible to get the latest channel content via the API, it won't be the same as it was before because all channels will be lumped together.

we will have a latest api soon. we can always have the ability for favorite channels on the home screen.

RAZ2013

I have to agree with ebr on this one fellow MB3 users.  I was a bit disappointed to see podcast moved and lumped in to channels myself, since I personally do not use the web browser feature of media browse 3 that often.  Obviously MBC and the web browser are two separate entities.  It would be beneficial if CNET-TV, Revision3, Soundcloud, Twit, Twitch TV, beeg and YouJizz got treated the same.  Some restrictive features would be nice for for beeg and YouJizz to.  I realize in time fellow MB3 designers will make the appropriate changes as the wonderous Media Browser 3 platform goes through its various growing pains.  Keep up the good work, but please consider the changes you make to what users are wanting to see and currently getting accustom to using through this time of growth.

mattpwill

Podcasts is still unusable. Sorting doesn't work still, and latest podcasts can't be shown like they used to be able to be from the EHS

CBers

I have to admit that I prefer the old folder method for both trailers and podcasts.

We don't get the same information relating to content and there is no way of sorting like we could before, such as by date added.

No images for each podcast are available.

Definitely needs more work.

Can we have the old folder version back in the interim please?

i have added sorting retrieval of latest items into the podcast channel. now it's just a matter of whether or mbc supports that yet.

• Like 1

I can't until after the next server release.

Also I'm not sure what the sorting issues are since all sorting is handled client side in mbc. As long as the right data is there, sorting should work.

Yea that will be hard because many channels only allow a small page size at a time. So if you sort after paging then you're sorting based on what you've got. But luckily trailers and podcasts don't have such restrictions, so if you just want to restore what people are accustomed to, you should be able to do that.

I can't really do that on the mbc end. The plugins would need to still support a media folder mode.

There isn't any way for me to single out these two channels from the others.

that's not really feasible. we can figure it out. there's a channel features you can use to get information about each channel. for channels that allow you to retrieve all items at once, you can continue to sort client-side like you are now.

Well there really isn't any way to allow or disallow the sort as it is just intrinsic in the interface and all themes.

So it will just sort what it has and that will either make sense or not.

The whole wmc interface is designed around having the entire result set with wrap around scrolling etc.