Problem with My Z: Drive

Castor234
Go to solution Solved by Castor234,

Castor234

Hello,

My Emby server has been running smoothly for about a month now and I have had no problems.  Yesterday evening, for no apparant reason, I stopped being able to stream any TV shows or Movies.  I first noticed this on the server itself when I tried to play a show while working at another computer.  The show page loaded, then when I clicked 'play' on the episode Emby loaded the playback screen with the loading wheel.  After a few seconds, I got an error stating

"No compatible streams are currently available. Please try again later or contact your system administrator for details."

I am not sure what this means.  I have confirmed that the bitrate limit field in the settings is blank.  There was no one else streaming anything at that time.

I replicated the problem on my phone (over LAN and then WAN).  I restarted the emby server, same error.  I restarted my windows PC and applied windows updates and same error.  I have tried to use a couple of different accounts on a couple of devices and have not been able to play anything back.

Error logs from my last attempt attached.

EDIT:  I also noticed that at the same time, images stopped loading for most of my files (screen shot attached)

embyserver.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-b523cad4-290f-4730-a85a-4ced39e37ca6_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-c2055e20-9ad9-4a6d-9ece-ef517cb20900_1.txt

post-508336-0-57486500-1572551341_thumb.png

post-508336-0-33075400-1572551479_thumb.png

Edited by Castor234

• Solution
Castor234

After a bit more trouble shooting, I noticed that my "z:\" drive was not showing up in windows explorer.  Apparently the eSATA cable from my RAID enclosure came lose, but there were no error lights, etc. to notify me of a lost connection.  After plugging it back in everything seems to be fine.

• Like 1

Castor234

Thanks for the feedback !

I saw someone else with this error but no resolution. Maybe if the file can't be found the error message could be more descriptive? The verbiage used makes it seem like a network/streaming problem instead if a HW/file system issue.