Dolby Vision playback new Shield?

lightsout

hoppel118

Hi,

I read in another forum that it is now possible to trigger dolby vision by emby for android tv (latest beta) with an nvidia shield tv pro 2019.

Is this already implemented? If so, what do we need to do? Is it possible to play the movies from a smb share? Or do we need emby for android tv to play the movies from local mapped share (android os)? Do we also need the beta version of the emby server?

I tried the emby for android tv beta app (1.8.28g) yesterday, But it didn‘t work. Another german user wrote that it doesn‘t work for him too. But he also tried it in combination with the modified exoplayer configured as an external player for emby. This worked as expected for him.

The modified exoplayer configured as an external player for kodi also works for me.

Regards Hoppel

Edited by hoppel118

arrbee99

The version you are looking for is here -

which you need to sideload.

Its early days though. You might not get very far but you can experiment. Might work with MKVs of movies made with MakeMKV 1.15.2. Some Demo files might work. I haven't got very far, but its more idle curiouslty for me.

• Like 1

CBers

It's only implemented in the Mobile Android app, which you can sideload onto your 2019 Shield. 

See here

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

hoppel118

Ok, thank you guys. Maybe I will wait until a new beta for android tv is available.

I don‘t have much time for testing at the moment. If emby goes the route to consolidate the two apps there is a lot to test imo. ;)

Regards Hoppel

Edited by hoppel118