MBS - Clear Resume Status.

Beardyname

Beardyname

Could not find this anywhere and I thought it was a good suggestion.

Sometimes you do not want to resume an item (Adult material as an example) and there is currently no way of "clearing" the playback status.

So that's my suggestion :) Maybe have a button for it on the item status page : (Obviously a paint mockup :) )

5395d27a2d922_suggestionclearplayed.png

Reason for the suggestion, is that if you have a half watched movie that you don't want to finish the current way (unless I'm missing something) to clear it, is to resume it and fast forward to the end and let it finish :)

• Like 3

Koleckai Silvestri

Would be handy. Currently if you play the item and stop it fairly quickly the resume status will be removed. However a one-click solution would be preferred.

Doesn't the play button give you the option to resume or start over?  Most clients do that, I thought the web client did too.

What happens if you hit the check mark up under the name?

saitoh183

+1 for that and maybe a step farther would be a clear on the home page so you wouldnt have to do them one at a time if you have multiple shows/movies to clear

Edited by saitoh183

saitoh183

Doesn't the play button give you the option to resume or start over?  Most clients do that, I thought the web client did too.

play button gives you the option to resume or play from the beginning but if you just want to clear the resume point (because you were testing play back and such) a clear button would be nice since the current method is to start/stop each show that contains a resume.

Beardyname

Yep but a quick start/stop is not an neat solution for removing items from the resume menu :)

And the check mark only toggles play/unplayed status. Does not affect the resume thing.

CBers

Just click the tick on the details page to mark it played and the resume point us removed. Then again to make it unplayed if required.

Beardyname

Just click the tick on the details page to mark it played and the resume point us removed. Then again to make it unplayed if required.

Actually that does not work, (not for me at least). And even if it did, it's an ugly way to clear how far you have watched :)

***Edit*** Actually when marking watched it did not remove the status, but when marking it unwatched shortly after it did get removed.

However I still think a cleaner way could be implemented!

Edited by Beardyname
  • Like 1

saitoh183

Tried that and it dont work ....maybe if the show has never been watched yet but shows already watched that doesnt work for sure. Also that could messes up trakt stats if you do it when your trakt is suppose to sync up...i still think a clear button would be a cleaner method 

Edited by saitoh183

Koleckai Silvestri

This hasn't been my experience. It just marks it as watched and the resume point stays. The only way I've been able to clear it is to play from the beginning and stop the playback immediately. Which is doable but a single click button would be more user friendly. Even more friendly than checking the watched mark and unchecking it. 

If the goal is ease of use, this is one of the things that would help that.

Manually marking an item watched won't clear a resume point, but marking an item un-watched will.  This is by design and we actually thought about it as we thought you might not want to lose the resume point just because you marked something watched but, if you marked it un-watched, then you obviously wanted to start at the beginning the next time.

So, it seems the solution right now is a maximum of two clicks on the check mark.  I'm not sure eliminating one click is enough of a reason to add a whole other button (and then explain exactly what that button does).

• Like 2

jamesplay

A very minor issue that I'm finding annoying is that when you watch a movie or television show, and leave it on idle, the player closes.

When you come back, there's no resume button and sometimes you forget to refresh and instead click play again, starting back from the beginning.

Edited by jamesplay

A very minor issue that I'm finding annoying is that when you watch a movie or television show, and leave it on idle, the player closes.

When you come back, there's no resume button and sometimes you forget to refresh and instead click play again, starting back from the beginning.

This sounds like a completely different issue.

Please open a new topic in the area for the client to which  you are referring.  Thanks.

Beardyname

Manually marking an item watched won't clear a resume point, but marking an item un-watched will.  This is by design and we actually thought about it as we thought you might not want to lose the resume point just because you marked something watched but, if you marked it un-watched, then you obviously wanted to start at the beginning the next time.

So, it seems the solution right now is a maximum of two clicks on the check mark.  I'm not sure eliminating one click is enough of a reason to add a whole other button (and then explain exactly what that button does).

Now that we know of this, my suggestion is a bit less needed.

But the big problem here is, how is new users gonna know about this ?

I have been here since ~november last year. And this is the first time I hear about this feature.

• Like 2

Pelon

I would love to be able to clear both the play status and the resume status of a whole series or season. The issue is that now I have multiple shows that show in the Next Up screen, because I watch a random chapter. Sometimes the "next episode" is from the Specials folder.

I would love to be able to clear both the play status and the resume status of a whole series or season. The issue is that now I have multiple shows that show in the Next Up screen, because I watch a random chapter. Sometimes the "next episode" is from the Specials folder.

You should be able to do this with the same procedure indicated above just do it on the season or series.

• Like 1