3 replies to this topic

#1 Ruato OFFLINE  

Ruato

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Local time: 07:57 AM

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:52 AM

Hi,

I am planning on upgrading from my TV's (Sony) internal Emby app to a NVidia Shield powered streaming. Has anyone bought the TV model and using it for the Emby app? I do not need to run the server in Shield nor I am not planning on playing any games etc. with the device. So, would the TV -version be enough for the Emby app or are the extra 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage needed?

Any info appreciated!

#2 ebr OFFLINE  

ebr

Chief Bottle Washer

• Administrators
  • 48143 posts
  • Local time: 12:57 AM

Posted 30 October 2019 - 09:42 AM

Hi.  This device is brand new so not a lot of experience with it.  For sure the storage won't matter and I'm guessing the RAM will be fine too.  The Mi has 2GB of RAM and performs just fine.

• Ruato likes this

#3 speedingcheetah OFFLINE  

speedingcheetah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Local time: 11:57 PM

Posted 31 October 2019 - 06:20 PM

Hi,

I am planning on upgrading from my TV's (Sony) internal Emby app to a NVidia Shield powered streaming. Has anyone bought the TV model and using it for the Emby app? I do not need to run the server in Shield nor I am not planning on playing any games etc. with the device. So, would the TV -version be enough for the Emby app or are the extra 1GB of RAM and 8GB of storage needed?

Any info appreciated!

Emby runs fine on either the 2017 or the new 2019 model.....with the exception of Live TV from my Prime Tuner. It stutters or pauses.

Been trying to get that sorted....but with not much luck. ( I had tried Emby on Roku and did not have that issue with Live TV, but instead, it locked tuners if u did not exit emby properly.)

Local file playback, even of DVR recordings, works great.

Have not tried the new stick/wand model....but far as I read, it the same hardware, just lower internal storage, and microSD card slot instead of USB.

Edited by speedingcheetah, 02 November 2019 - 12:57 AM.

• Ruato likes this

#4 MagicDoubleM OFFLINE  

MagicDoubleM

• Members
  • 6 posts
  • Local time: 06:57 AM

Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:22 PM

Emby works fine, NVIDIAs Ai upscaling also works with Emby. DolbyVision isn't working with mp4-muxed content through Emby (yet?). I wouldn't pick the bigger version if it's just for Emby/Netflix and such (to be honest i wouldn't pick a Shield then).

It's a nice box, but nothing really exciting happened with this update. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Shield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users