How To View Content Under One Folder

ElLoboSolitario

ElLoboSolitario

I want to be able to view all my media content of each type (Movie, Stand up Comedy, Television Series etc.) in a single folder regardless of how many folders and drives each media type is spread across. I was able to do this in previous iterations of Emby, but this has stopped for some reason. What am I doing wrong?5db7a37a587db_Screenshot01.jpg

ElLoboSolitario

Everything is fine when viewed in the web app. I removed all references to movie folder locations and then re-installed them. Now I get a blank All Movies by Year view (IF I index by performer/director/year but by studio is OK), yet All Movies by Genre is fine. Don't know what has happened because I used to be able to view my movies alphabetically for each year.5dba3294e6445_Composite.jpg

ElLoboSolitario

Yes. The reason I prefer the Emby Media Center client versus the web interface is because I use a Media Center remote control.

Hi.  What theme is that?

Can you try in the default Chocolate theme?

Also, if you are running a current server version then be sure you install the Beta version of EMC.

ElLoboSolitario

I was using Diamond and tried changing to the Chocolate theme and still get issues with indexing on certain parameters. Indexing based on year/performer/studio yields a blank screen. Furthermore, the home screen is missing the icon for all movies by genre and the backdrops don't cycle as they should on the top level display. My preference for Emby Client for Media Center versus Emby Theater is that I have set up my media player to do pass through audio for DTS and Dolby Digital content through to my home theater receiver.

ElLoboSolitario

How do you set it up to use a user defined media player as the playback device?

ElLoboSolitario

EXACTLY. I need it to be able to launch Daum POT Player when I want to play a media file. However, this still doesn't explain the indexing issues I'm getting with EMC.

EXACTLY. I need it to be able to launch Daum POT Player when I want to play a media file. However, this still doesn't explain the indexing issues I'm getting with EMC.

Those "indexing" methods in EMC are legacy as Emby Server has never really supported them directly (there have been hacks in the server to try and mimic them).  What version of the server and what version of EMC?

ElLoboSolitario

As someone here suggested, I just upgraded to the latest Beta Client for Windows Emby and my server is v 3.0.5926

my server is v 3.0.5926

Hi, are you sure this is your server version? Because that would mean you're running a version of the server from several years ago.

ElLoboSolitario

Sorry, my bad. I double checked the server log file and my current version is v 3.2.36.0 I'm getting the impression that Emby Client for Windows Media is a dead horse that nobody wants to support anymore. I just happen to enjoy it for its customizability in themes, icons and backgrounds (what can I say, I'm a pushover for an eye catching UI)

I suggested you use the beta EMC IF you were on a current server.  With that old of a server, you should be using the release version of EMC.  Please install that and see if it works better for you.