ET won't Install (Popup Error)

Erik

I go to the website, download each setup.exe and open it right from the chrome browser bottom bar when its completed. Server one works, ET one doesn't get past the github download part.

Guest asrequested

That's odd because the installer is the same for the both of them. You're going to the website each time for the latest installer, right? You're not saving a copy of setup.exe, right.

Yup! New install executables. I just grabbed it from Git hub, instead.

Happy2Play

I do not get that error running that setup.exe above.  It installed and launched.  I would assume the same error in the install log in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-InstallLogs.

Guest asrequested

Looks like others are having the issue with no use of a VPN. I doubt that is the issue. I can download from GitHub with no issues.

Guest asrequested

But why does it only affect some and not all then?

That's the $64,000 question. I'm thinking there's some kinda Windows thang, goin' on.

Edited by Doofus

Happy2Play

That's the $64,000 question. I'm thinking there's some kinda Windows thang, goin' on.

All points to security.

Error getting package version: The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

The api appears to error out for some, but are able to still get directly from same site.

Guest asrequested

Okey dokey. It isn't my VPN. I just tried installing on one of my other machines. Same OS, with the same AV software, behind the same VPN....it installed without a hitch

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

Obviously, I have much more software on this machine, other than that, the only difference is that this is hooked up to all my Audio Video hardware.