Nvidia shield - mind of its own

Billkaboo

Billkaboo

Hi all, 
I just turned on my shield yesterday morning, after no update that I know of, no changes since watching it the day before, and it completely had a mind of its own. Flicking between items, going up and down, into the menu and out, and more. See video attached. 

I unplugged it completely: power and HDMI. Issue remained... 

Not sure of settings and info (can't find the OS because I can't control it...)

It's really quite annoying. Any suggestions appreciated. 

Best,
Billkaboo

Hi.  There is no video but, is it possible your remote control is sitting under a heavy object or something?

Billkaboo

Ah sorry no. The video shows me waving the remote, with no input going into it, while the problem is occurring. Will try and share the video link. Shortly.

Billkaboo

Started when I wasn't holding the remote. 

Here's the video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tFyKf7eXDVsm6mFf6

Should mention that the Shield remote has been lost for over a year now so I don't use that to interact with it. I use the TV's remote. Which is working just fine to control the TV otherwise and has been controlling the shield for well over a year with no issues. 

speedingcheetah

Started when I wasn't holding the remote. 

Here's the video: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tFyKf7eXDVsm6mFf6

Should mention that the Shield remote has been lost for over a year now so I don't use that to interact with it. I use the TV's remote. Which is working just fine to control the TV otherwise and has been controlling the shield for well over a year with no issues. 

change remote batteries?

is it a 3rd party usb dongle remote? unplug re-plug?

Maybe 2.4ghz interference or degraded receiver.

maybe the original shield remote that was lost... is in range where ever it got lost to.., and the batteries are low

I have seen such behavior with wireless mice and remotes when bats are low or issue with receiver.

Edited by speedingcheetah

Deathsquirrel

Does your shield have a game controller that's leaning on something?  An analog stick stuck out of center could do that.

• Like 2