Missing Guide Data UK - Blaze (Freeview channel 63 and 80)

RobbyBobby

RobbyBobby

@@ebr

FYI: As per topic title

No guide data, marked as "SIGN OFF" on Sunday 27th, October.

Listings are fine on Saturday 26th and Monday 28th etc.

RobbyBobby

Hi Luke

Many times. I've even tried removing the Guide Data and starting again. I've just run it again, and no listing tomorrow on those channels from 2am (see below). 

5db41a46a586c_Blaze.png

I wonder if it's Daylight Saving ending tomorrow (and the clocks going back by an hour at 1am) that's thrown it out of whack?

I'll activate Plex DVR to record my show tomorrow, but it would be handy if we could manually set recordings. Love Emby ... Plex not so much. 

Thanks for your time.

As opposed to actual missing data, that is data coming from GN for that channel as we don't mark anything as "Sign Off".

• Like 1

RobbyBobby

Oh well, Plex is working fine on those channels. I thought Plex used GN too? 

The irony is that the reason I moved *from* Plex to *Emby* in the first place was due to the unreliability of their DVR.  :D

RobbyBobby

Yes. Freeview (Cable South). I notice in Emby that the same channels are showing a single episode of "American Restoration" all Sunday (3rd November)... sigh.

Just checked those same channels in Plex and it's snafued too: listing a single episode of "Blaze Programming" all day.

Something has gone awry with that feed.

Is there a portal that the public can use to contact Gracenotes about erroneous listings?

As mentioned, it would be handy if we could set custom recordings. Is that on the "todo" list? I don't expect it to be in place for Sunday. Looks like I may have to revert to Channels, for a while.  ;)

Edit: Just checked with Channels and the listing for Sunday is "American Restoration" all day. Everyone is using Gracenotes.....

Edited by RobbyBobby

RobbyBobby

Yes pretty much everyone uses the same source for data because there just aren't many choices.

Yeah, I understand that. 

Channels -- and I guess this is only handy for Mac users -- do offer a manual recording option, so I will try that.

The one thing that Emby and Channels have in common, unlike Plex, is the stellar responsiveness of the community forums. Thank you.