Instant mix no longer working on android

fpoilles

fpoilles

Since the last update instant mix doesnt seem to work - loading circle comes up then nothing. Using instant mix on any item of a playlist that's currently playing, simply stops/clears the playlist and goes back to previous screen.

I also tried the web app via chrome android and noticed same behaviour - so not sure if it actually is an issue with the android app or my windows server...

Hi there, it seems to be working just fine here in my testing. Please attach the emby server log. thanks.

fpoilles

Thanks Luke, here you go embyserver.txt

This should be pretty clean - rebooted server, logged in from android app, went to music library, clicked on instant mix on the last music item played then got out

btw I tried instant mix on 3 android devices, it failed the same.

Instant mix does work fine on the web app if I access it on the same device (windows) where my server resides. I'm attaching this server log as well in case it helps

embyserver2-inmixworking.txt

fpoilles

Update:

1. I discovered that instant mix (on android mobile app) does work on certain items (songs, albums, artists) of the music library, but it doesn't on others although it was definitely working in the past. Haven't been able to identify what makes items instant-mixable or nonmixable.

2. Instant mix on the web app via android browser does seem to work now after all, despite my initial report. Don't know what changed.

I've initiated a rescan of my library, in case this behaviour has something to do with metadata corruption

• 1 month later...
raidflex

I am experiencing the same issue. Seems to work fine in the Chrome browser on Android, but using the Emby Android app it just clears the playlist and nothing plays.

Instant Mix did work at some point, not sure after which update it stopped working.

I am on a Pixel 2 XL and Android 10.

Edited by raidflex

• 1 month later...

What exactly are you clicking instant mix on? It seems to me working just fine in my testing. Thanks.

fpoilles

Well, either a song or an artist or an album. It just doesn't work on certain items for some reason... the only clue I could find is that if it doesn't work for a track by a specific artist, it won't work for any tracks by the same artist. For example I can't instant mix any tracks by Arcade Fire. On the other hand I can instant mix any track or album made by the National. It might just be my database, so please ignore if noone else steps forward :) thanks anyway

raidflex

Well, either a song or an artist or an album. It just doesn't work on certain items for some reason... the only clue I could find is that if it doesn't work for a track by a specific artist, it won't work for any tracks by the same artist. For example I can't instant mix any tracks by Arcade Fire. On the other hand I can instant mix any track or album made by the National. It might just be my database, so please ignore if noone else steps forward :) thanks anyway

You are not alone and I am still experiencing basically the same issue. Although I have tried many different Artists/albums/songs and Instant Mix does not work. Question for you fpoilles, what song file type are the songs that work, like mp3 or flac? Personally all my music is in flac format.

There is an issue here because in the past this feature DID work and stopped at some point. So one of the app updates must have broke something. Also I rebuilt my server about a month ago, so I doubt this is a database issue. What happens for me is when I enable Instant Mix the song stops playing and nothing happens or nothing at all happens and the song continues to play.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Edited by raidflex

raidflex

It's resolved for the next update to the app. Thanks.

I see this posted, yet nothing in the app changelog for the new version regarding fixing this feature?

Yes we found the edge case here. It's only on items that don't have genres, so add some and you should be good to go. We'll have the server work around it in a future update. Thanks.

raidflex

Yes we found the edge case here. It's only on items that don't have genres, so add some and you should be good to go. We'll have the server work around it in a future update. Thanks.

Is there somewhere I am not looking because when i check the metadata of multiple songs from different bands there is a genre listed?. Yet none of these songs/albums/bands will work with Instant Mix. 

fpoilles

Checked file types, it doesn't seem to be relevant - have mp3s mostly, some play, some dont, same with other audio formats.

What may have something to do is genres: although all my albums/artists/tracks have genres assigned, I did a quick (not thorough) check and the ones categorized under genre "Indie" or "Rock" don't seem to be instant-mixable. On the other hand instant mix seems to work with items under genre "Indie Rock". Maybe it's a coincidence... I don't see why this issue is specific to the android app and not to the web app

fpoilles

I took another snapshot of the server log in case I could figure out what's happening, but it's beyond my amateur ability. I removed all log entries from before I first clicked instant mix to make it easier:

First I clicked instant mix on the android app on a particular item that doesn't work. 

instantmix_android_app_fail.txt

I then exited the app and accessed emby on the android browser, clicked instant mix on the same item, (which worked), then stopped playback and exited.

instantmix_android_webapp_success.txt

The screenshot highlights the last part before webapp and android app start doing something different...

post-298218-0-83922100-1581286706_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...