Question about PotPlayer command line

DingguoLee

DingguoLee

Hi, there

I'm really enjoy emby sever and theater on my PC with windows10. I'm trying to use potplayer as an external player for the emby theater, as my monintor resolution is 3440*1140, which needs support from potplayer sometimes. I added the path of potplayer to the theater correctly. However, every time I click a movie in the theater, the potplayer lanches with nothing to play. I wonder whether I need to add some command lines to make it work. Besides, some of my movies are divided into several parts, like cd1, cd2 and cd3. All of these parts can be showed completely in the website library. It just cannot be showed in the theater. For example, it will only show cd1, and the left are just missing. 

I wonder whether I need to add some command lines to make it work

Hi, yes you need to research the command line that PotPlayer requires, and enter it into the arguments configuration when setting up the external player. Emby Theater doesn't know anything about PotPlayer, so you need to provide that info.

Besides, some of my movies are divided into several parts, like cd1, cd2 and cd3.

Emby Theater hasn't quite caught up yet with multi-part support. It will get there, but for the best experience possible i would suggest joining the files.

DingguoLee

Hi, yes you need to research the command line that PotPlayer requires, and enter it into the arguments configuration when setting up the external player. Emby Theater doesn't know anything about PotPlayer, so you need to provide that info.

Thank you for your response. How can I find these required command lines?

DingguoLee

Emby Theater hasn't quite caught up yet with multi-part support. It will get there, but for the best experience possible i would suggest joining the files.

Ok, thank you. 

Edited by DingguoLee

• 1 year later...
p32lozlec
On 10/29/2019 at 10:18 AM, DingguoLee said:

I just added {path}, and it worked somehow.

Hi

Yeah, it works after adding {path}

However, there's no sound while playing a movie , only the video is playing

Just curious do you happen to have this issue, and if so how did you solve it ?

p32lozlec
1 hour ago, p32lozlec said:

Hi

Yeah, it works after adding {path}

However, there's no sound while playing a movie , only the video is playing

Just curious do you happen to have this issue, and if so how did you solve it ?

Updated potplayer, working now