Freeze au bout de 71 minutes

Nokia6

This file works on my Android TV emby application but not on my Firestick for example.

Is the difference between the two that the Android TV is direct playing or streaming while the Fire is transcoding?

Tlsefred31

@@Tlsefred31

Can you please attach the emby server log as well? You can learn how to do that here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/739-how-to-report-a-problem/

Thanks.

Hi,

You will find below, my report for "Carnival Row" which is freezed, it's just an example on Chrome

ffmpeg-transcode-b440282a-0c08-4ff1-854d-9bb3784fdaf2_1.txt

Edited by Tlsefred31

Tlsefred31

@@Tlsefred31

Can you please attach the emby server log as well? You can learn how to do that here:

Thanks.

And here, reports for Amazon Fire stick for the same file, and same issue

ffmpeg-transcode-7fc32f31-aea0-40e4-949b-01d32c2a687e_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-2109bf62-36e2-49cc-95c6-007931450356_1.txt

Edited by Tlsefred31

Tlsefred31

@@Tlsefred31

Thanks.

I sent you a report from my Android TV, using my Emby name "Tlsefred31" juste now 19h37  (French hour)

Movie watched is "le dictateur" and my issue is that the sound works perfect but the video is too slow and is too far behind the sound.

This file is ok with Chrome.

Edited by Tlsefred31

I sent you a report from my Android TV, using my Emby name "Tlsefred31" juste now 19h37  (French hour)

Movie watched is "le dictateur" and my issue is that the sound works perfect but the video is too slow and is too far behind the sound.

This file is ok with Chrome.

Hi.  There was no playback in that app log.  However, whatever this is must be on the server/ffmpeg end (or somewhere in between) since it is seen in mulitple apps.

Thanks.

Tlsefred31

Hi.  There was no playback in that app log.  However, whatever this is must be on the server/ffmpeg end (or somewhere in between) since it is seen in mulitple apps.

Thanks.

Ok, sorry I will try to send you a report when I would find a new issue for my Android TV

But here you can find attached, new reports regarding a freeze problem around 71 minutes for a movie on my Amazon Fire stick

ffmpeg-transcode-29303d75-2ba4-457b-9996-67d475aaa537_1.txt

ffmpeg-transcode-bc1ffd0b-80f1-43d3-8d17-76f5f2f757bf_1.txt

Ok, sorry I will try to send you a report when I would find a new issue for my Android TV

But here you can find attached, new reports regarding a freeze problem around 71 minutes for a movie on my Amazon Fire stick

Is this only happening on avi files?

Tlsefred31

I will test several movies with avi and mkv file to be sure and confirm you.

But just now, I tested a mkv file, and I have a freeze each 3 seconds since the beginning, you can see data in the attached file

But for our topic, freeze around 71 minutes I will come back to you after a few test.

ffmpeg-transcode-534ec7e2-0a9e-4798-a757-00a09e13f7fc_1.txt

Edited by Tlsefred31

But for our topic, freeze around 71 minutes I will come back to you after a few test.

Oui, ça serai bien. Parce que là, le sujet devie completement.

Tlsefred31

Oui, ça serai bien. Parce que là, le sujet devie completement.

En effet, excuse moi

De ton coté tu as vu une différence de freeze selon le format du fichier?

J'ai pas encore fait des tests de mon coté.

Aucune. Mkv ou avi, c'est le même probleme. J'ai testé avec Chrome sur un pc windows, une Mibox 3 et une Mibox S avec l'app android tv, un Nokia 6 avec l'app android, c'est toujours le même probleme. 

il n'y a qu'avec l'addon Embycon sur Kodi que ça passe sans soucis.

Tlsefred31

I sent you a report at 1h42 (french hour) with my Firestick amazon, using "Tlsefred31" as name, and movie is "Papy fait de la résistance"

It"s a mkv file and I have a freeze issue with video and sound around 71/72 minutes also for this kind of file, not only for avi file

Ok I would suggest trying again with the next release of emby server as there will be a lot of transcoding improvements. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Tlsefred31

Hi, I've seen that Emby app on my Fire Stick has been updated the 30th of January, but it didn't resolved my issue regarding freeze around 71 min

Tlsefred31

Okn I hope too

I sent you a report at 15h51/52 (french hour) from my server Tlsefred31 on Fire Stick.

It concerns also a freeze on a mkv file, but it"s a multiple freeze since the begining of the video "La Reine des Neiges 2"

Currently, I'm trying to encode this video in mp4 HEVC to see if it's ok whith the format.

Could you investigate on this please?

Thanks in advance

Edited by Tlsefred31

Hi.  We're fairly confident the issue is not on the app side so please test with the next release of the server when it is out.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

@Nokia6  - We were finally able to identify the problem. It should be fixed in the next beta.

Thanks a lot for reporting!

• Like 1

maegibbons

@@Nokia6 - We were finally able to identify the problem. It should be fixed in the next beta.

Thanks a lot for reporting!

Lets have a bit more info on what the problem was.... this was such a peculiar issue!!

Krs

Marj

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

The error was caused by a log message that we were printing from inside ffmpeg and the way certain format specifiers are handled by platform specific implementations of the standard C runtime.

It wasn't too hard to spot but in an unexpected area so it has been discovered pretty late..

Tlsefred31

On my side, new release 4.3.1.0 has solved this problem for few movies, but not all.

Hope, we could see an improvement with your future release.