Apple music plugin

chacawaca

If this can be done for music, it would be super-cool to also do it for Movies/TV. :) I have over 200 movies in iTunes (via https://moviesanywhere.com/ ).

Related: https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/44013-emby-server-and-emby-theater-itunes-movies-and-tv-support/

Two different things easily. The above request would only work on each individual device. So for example, our iOS app could add this feature to allow playback of other media on the iOS device. But that's not going to put the content into emby server and allow you to distribute it to all of your emby apps.

vdatanet

What about Spotify, would it also be possible?

User base would probably be much higher than on Apple Music, I guess.

That's the problem. If you add external services, let say Apple Music, users will demand Spotify, Tidal, Deezer... and I don't think there are enough resources. As I said before, you should focus on personal media. There are a lot of things to do before connecting external services.

5db16922dd25d_Anotacin20191024110414.jpg

@@vdatanet, agree but if they are considering implementing it (that's how I understand Luke's post #2), they should consider the biggest first instead of Apple Music.

Just my opinion. :-)

funwithmedia

Two different things easily. The above request would only work on each individual device. So for example, our iOS app could add this feature to allow playback of other media on the iOS device. But that's not going to put the content into emby server and allow you to distribute it to all of your emby apps.

Understood, thanks!

In my opinion, Emby should avoid external services and should focus on personal media management. But if users want it and there are resources, go ahead!

That's a fair point. Perhaps community-maintained plugins might make more sense for these types of things.

• Like 1

chacawaca

That's the problem. If you add external services, let say Apple Music, users will demand Spotify, Tidal, Deezer... and I don't think there are enough resources. As I said before, you should focus on personal media. There are a lot of things to do before connecting external services.

5db16922dd25d_Anotacin20191024110414.jpg

So, we should remove TV, iptv, podcast, etc cause they are not your personal media ...

My point is i hate to have to go in emby for some music, and go on apple music for other. Music CD are more difficult to find now, music services become really popular. At least here in Canada