Guide shows wrong on ATV

waynepaulward
Go to solution Solved by waynepaulward,

waynepaulward

I’ve set the guide up and it pulls the data. I viewed the guide on my browser on iOS and it’s perfect but on Apple TV it shows something really wrong see my screen shots c050ce4484e785509e8f7a219efc5126.jpg38bea35d30246e191ca93c6c937f5847.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

waynepaulward

Yes if you look at the phone screen shot you get a TV guide on the guide screen

If you look on the Apple TV on guide it’s not a guide just a mess

Hi.  It isn't a "mess" it is just a different presentation.  You see each channel and the programs on each one in order.

We simply don't have a grid-style guide implemented in the Apple TV app yet (that is the only one that doesn't at this point) but we are working on it.

Thanks.

waynepaulward

That is awesome ! I got to get the guide working properly any way .. I’m in spain and added uk guide which added a guide to my iptv setup here in spain but the times was out so I got a m3u url from my provider that doesn’t pull any information at all

If I supply a sample of the url could you tell me where I’m going wrong please !!

waynepaulward

http://this url.xyz:8080/get.php?username=User&password=Password&type=m3u_plus&output=mpegts

Can you tell me why this doesn’t work and can I modify this to work please

Spaceboy

http://this url.xyz:8080/get.php?username=User&password=Password&type=m3u_plus&output=mpegts

Can you tell me why this doesn’t work and can I modify this to work please

That looks fine for the channel url. Using just that I'd expect all your channels to be imported but without epg. Where are you getting or expecting to get your epg from?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

waynepaulward

Yes that’s what I’m putting into the guide url but it goes though it and gives me nothing after refreshing the list no guide I think it must in the wrong format the link

Spaceboy

Yes that’s what I’m putting into the guide url but it goes though it and gives me nothing after refreshing the list no guide I think it must in the wrong format the link

no thats pretty much matches mine letter for letter. If you put it in a browser does the browser download an m3u?

waynepaulward

I get a blank screen on the phone on chrome I’ll try in a web browser when I get home not sure if it’s the end but mpeg ..

Spaceboy

I get a blank screen on the phone on chrome I’ll try in a web browser when I get home not sure if it’s the end but mpeg ..

I don't think that difference should matter, I think that just refers to the stream format. You didn't answer my question about what happens if you put the unredacted url in a browser. By the way, you have redacted your username password and url from that link haven't you?

Sent from my SM-T510 using Tapatalk

waynepaulward

hi yes I tried in the browser and it downloaded 

I cleared any other guide data and restarted the server

I add the m3u direct and I get no guide so here is a snippet of the m3u can you see if its wrong 

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-ID="crimeandinvestigationnetwork.uk" tvg-name="UK | Crime Investigation FHD" tvg-logo="http://icon.generationxhosting.com/epg/DOCU/CrimeandInvestigationHD.png"group-title="Documentary",UK | Crime Investigation FHD
#EXTINF:-1 tvg-ID="crimeandinvestigationnetwork.uk" tvg-name="UK | Crime Investigation HD" tvg-logo="http://icon.generationxhosting.com/epg/DOCU/CrimeandInvestigationHD.png"group-title="Documentary",UK | Crime Investigation HD

does this look ok 
I'm running 4.2.1.0 on Mac OS 
but can upgrade to a beta if this would fix 

Spaceboy

hi yes I tried in the browser and it downloaded

I cleared any other guide data and restarted the server

I add the m3u direct and I get no guide so here is a snippet of the m3u can you see if its wrong

#EXTM3U

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-ID="crimeandinvestigationnetwork.uk" tvg-name="UK | Crime Investigation FHD" tvg-logo="http://icon.generationxhosting.com/epg/DOCU/CrimeandInvestigationHD.png"group-title="Documentary",UK | Crime Investigation FHD

http://url:8080/user/pass

#EXTINF:-1 tvg-ID="crimeandinvestigationnetwork.uk" tvg-name="UK | Crime Investigation HD" tvg-logo="http://icon.generationxhosting.com/epg/DOCU/CrimeandInvestigationHD.png"group-title="Documentary",UK | Crime Investigation HD

http://url:8080/user/pass

does this look ok

I'm running 4.2.1.0 on Mac OS

but can upgrade to a beta if this would fix

but are the channels shown?

waynepaulward

Yes I get the channels and can access them but when I add this url to the TV guide data providers to get the guide I get no guide data

Do I need another url for the guide data

Spaceboy

Yes I get the channels and can access them but when I add this url to the TV guide data providers to get the guide I get no guide data

Do I need another url for the guide data

yes, that’s what I was trying to get to. If you’ve been using your iptv providers epg then they should also provide you a url for that. If you were going to be relying on emby guide data my message would have been good luck and try xteve. But contact your iptv provider and ask them for the epg url. That should get you 1-2 days of data

waynepaulward

I added a m3u plus link and tried from a direct file it goes through the motion but doesn’t any channel data - is running standard server version and was thinking of removing and adding a beta version see if this works with the url I have

Spaceboy

I added a m3u plus link and tried from a direct file it goes through the motion but doesn’t any channel data - is running standard server version and was thinking of removing and adding a beta version see if this works with the url I have

no none of that is going to help. You need to ask your provider for a separate epg url

waynepaulward

I asked the provider and they couldn’t supply and pointed me to Epg Guide I’ve added the xml and it’s looking good it’s adding the guide

I don’t mind paying a small fee for this

I’m just waiting till it finishes and probably after map channels

Only thing is the channels I’m sure are uk do I’ve added the English url and I’m in spain do not sure to have my Emby server set to spain or uk ! When the channels finish adding I’ll map say tcm and see the guide is correct if not I’ll try changing the Emby region maybe ...

• Solution
waynepaulward

Ok I added the Epg guide xml it wasn’t right so I set my location in the user to to the uk and it’s perfect !! Amazing ! Costs 30 for the year and I get the correct guide and can record ! So I’ll pay for Emby premium for life and the Epg guide and it’s perfect !

Just waiting for the ATV guide to be updated to guide style and it’s the rolls Royce of media servers [emoji108]

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...