Remote Control AndroidTV from WebApp or AndroidApp

EduardoSantos

EduardoSantos

This has been tested both on WebApp and AndroidApp against the AndroidTV app.

• FF/REW will not work nor sliding music timeline: no means to fast forward or rewind a track;
  • When displaying a music album on WebApp or Android and one track is casted, Emby AndroidTV will play first album track regardless of wich track has been casted. Curiously, casting a song from search results will correctly play that specific song.
  • After connecting to the AndroidTV, when browsing from the Web/Android apps, some of the screens are correctly presented on AndroidTV but others aren't.
  • After connecting to the AndroidTV, when browsing from the Web/Android apps, after some time the AndroidTV screensaver is invoked. The remote control does not reset inactivity timer.
  • I would expect accessing remote control's "Now Playing" screen (Web/Android) to cause AndroidTVApp to display "Queue Screen" or "Now Playing" screen. Instead no screen is shown.
  • Like 1

Yepp, I have also tried it sometimes and remote controlling ATV using the Android App is far from being perfect.

Unfortunately, I didn't have much time to make a proper bug report.

After connecting to the AndroidTV, when browsing from the Web/Android apps, some of the screens are correctly presented on AndroidTV but others aren't.

Examples?

EduardoSantos

I will test and note down any other screen but I can assure that Artist page will not be displayed by the controled app when accessed from the Album page.

If controller app is on the main screen and follows:

Main screen - MusicLibrary - AlbumArtists - A_given_artist

Then the "slave" app shows that artist correctly

But if controller app is on a album and reaches the artist from the link:

Mains screen - MusicLibrary - MusicAlbum - A_given_album - Artist

Then the "slave" app will not show the artist.

EduardoSantos

I would like to add that this is one of the most beautiful Emby features.

It enables the controller user to show info to others on the same room while choosing a film or a series, etc.

Do not use PLEX but AmazonPrime, NetFlix and HBOGo should all learn from you guys.