Live TV database clean up !

Sylrob434
Go to solution Solved by Sylrob434,

Sylrob434

Good Morning,

I made a test with Live TV with GenIPTV provider (60000 channels realy a bad idea) and it crash du to error in the M3U list, now I have a bunch of channel that aaren't working ! 

Emby is currently cleaning the database because I delete de entry. But is it possible to clean AL the live TV data I want to restart from scratch !

Best Regards,

I can't delete this topic please ignore it !. I post it in the Live TV forum ! 

Edited by Sylrob434

Sylrob434

Good Morning,

I have tried several IPTV provider with several EPG provider and now I have a lot of garbage in the channel list end in the EPG  :( MY BAD 

I deleted all my TV source and wait over and hour I see in the LOG that MEby is cleaning the database, but is there a way to restart it from scratch withour uninstalling Emby server ?

Best Regards,

Hi, all you need to do is run the refresh guide scheduled task. Thanks for the feedback.

I was actually wondering about how to clean the database.

I'm using the tvheadend plugin.

I'd like to remove all livetv-related info from emby, to reload everything (logos, EPG, etc) from my tvheadend server.

I use emby as a simple client to tvheadend. All the config is on the tvheadend side.

I have no TV source, and no TV guide date provider set in emby.

The only thing I have is the tvheadend plugin, and get everything from the plugin.

I uninstall the tvheadend plugin.

I trigger the "refresh guide" task. I see in the logs that it gets the epg data from the tvheadend server, so it's still linked to it.

I restart emby

There is now no "refresh guide" scheduled task anymore.

So how am I supposed to refresh it now, for the DB to be cleaned?

Thanks

Right OK, if you have no Live TV configured then there's nothing you need to refresh. Does that answer your question?

what I want is to completely clean the DB from anything livetv-related

I read that to do that I need to remove the tv provider from emby, and trigger a "refresh guide", but as you see the button disappears when I remove the TV provider.

so the question remains: how can I delete everything from emby, to restart from scratch?

There is no button to do that. A SQL query maybe? That'd be fine too

Thanks

oh, shame on me, I had missed that one 

I can confirm that refreshing the guide after having uninstalled the plugin + restarted emby works fine to clean everything (channel image, epg, etc)

Thanks!