EmbyCon Kodi add-on

TeamB

TeamB

Where can I get the latest version?
The latest version of EmbyCon can be installed from the stable repository.
https://kodi.emby.tv/

Where can I get the source?
https://github.com/faush01/plugin.video.embycon

How do I interact with my media?
EmbyCon does not use the built in Kodi DB so to interact with your media you have a few options:

1. Open the EmbyCon add-on from the add-on area in Kodi, this will let you view and play back your Emby content directly using the add-on
  2. Use EmbyCon skin available in the repository, this skin adds home screen integration for EmbyCon widgets
  3. Install a skin that lets you customise the home screen to add widgets for

Why does my playback keep stopping when paused?
By default when the Kodi screen saver kicks in playback is stopped.
You can turn this off in the Add-on settings.
EmbyCon Settings -> Events -> Screensaver -> Stop media playback on screensaver activation

Why do I keep getting prompted to select a user?
By default when the screen saver is dismissed the select Emby user dialog will pop up.
You can turn this off in the Add-on settings.
EmbyCon Settings -> Events -> Screensaver -> Show change user dialog

Edited by TeamB
  • Like 5

• 7 months later...
marilyn91

Hello,

Thanks for this plug in. I am encountering a problem. When I install "Python image library" on the 1st video at 2 min 40. I have a notification that displays error and tells me to go and consult the journal. For information I install Kodi on my Qnap NAS. Do you have an idea ? My version in Kodi is a 19 Alpha 1.

Thank you in advance.

Cordially.

Edited by marilyn91

• 2 months later...

Is possible without Emby local server ?

but with a remote server ? Like an AppleTV Emby app....

Edited by thymon

TeamB
1 hour ago, thymon said:

Is possible without Emby local server ?

but with a remote server ? Like an AppleTV Emby app....

Yes, you just need to enter the remote address manually in the EmbyCon add-on settings.

Yes ! it works 

So great with "Home Screen Integration" !!! 😍

I have a RPI 3b+ // Is there a significant difference in performance with an RPI4 ? I hesitate to buy it to test.

How to help you participate in the translation of the interface in French ?

Edited by thymon

degrashopp

Hi,

Since update 1.9.106 'direct file path' is not working anymore.

- I can't find the SMB settings anymore within the embycon configuration

- Due to this issue I can't download subtitles within kodi anymore and place them next to the video file in the network directory. Also when you search for a subtitle within kodi you normaly see the video file name beneath the grid with found subtitles. That is not the case anymore due to the fact that the file name is always 'stream.<video extention>'. So I never know which subtitle could match my video version.

I downgraded embycon to 1.9.82 and now everything is working again.

Is this a bug or is 'direct file path' deliberately removed from the addon?

degrashopp
2 minutes ago, TeamB said:

its still there, you just need to enable "Allow direct file playback" in the playback settings of the Add-on.

I did but that did not help. Also the settings for SMB username and password are gone. So even if you select "allow direct file playback" you can't set the SMB user.

Also i would expect that when I set the username and passwordt for 'direct file path' in version 1.9.82 the settings are set correctly when I update to version 1.9.106

Edited by degrashopp

degrashopp
9 hours ago, TeamB said:

Use the kodi file manager to connect to the file share and set the password.

Okay... I will stick to version 1.9.82 for now...

• 1 month later...
ManiacKill

Problem with playback series EmbyCon 1.9.106

Good day,
the automatic switching of series does not work with the version.
Edited by ManiacKill

• 4 weeks later...

Hi. Thanks for making this. It's very cool. Is there a way to show "stats for nerds" in Kodi somehow?

Thanks

Edited by Jadel

TeamB
14 hours ago, Jadel said:

Hi. Thanks for making this. It's very cool. Is there a way to show "stats for nerds" in Kodi somehow?

Thanks

No, you can check the server dashboard for playback details on playing item but that is about it.

TeamB

The playback method being used is added to the top of the synopses of the currently playing item as a single word.

Bring up info of a playing item in kodi, you should see the playback method in the description.

• 2 weeks later...
Audiomixer

Just loaded Kodi matrix beta 1 on my 2019 shield pro and installed Embycon Kodi just for something to try. Wow, nice integration! 

Audiomixer

I installed matrix beta 1 on a second nvidia shield pro 2019 and it is working very nice so beta 1 would be my recommendation to start.

Hi Team

I am using Kodicon latest stable 1.9.106. Thanks for the great work here, everything is working fine except one small point, I cannot find the "Genres" catégory for my Music library. I can see it for Movies and TV Show but not for my Music one. Any idea what's wrong here ?

Thanks

TeamB

I am not sure there is one, I might have missed it when adding music nodes to the main music menu, I will have a look.

HannahLRichards
On 8/26/2020 at 6:23 AM, TeamB said:

Yes, you just need to enter the remote address manually in the EmbyCon add-on settings.

What’s the address?