EmbyCon Kodi add-on

TeamB

serpi
17 hours ago, TeamB said:

It you are not using the EmbyCon screen saver then you will not have the above files. Also if you are not using the the EmbyCon screen saver you should not see the clossing message as it is only the screen saver that displays that.

I have the EmbyCon screensaver installed but it's not the configured screensaver, because of that close meessage.

Of course, when using another screensaver (in my case "Kaster"), there is no closing message on the screen.

So where can I find the file to make the changes for the EmbyCon screensaver?

Ciao, Alfred

TeamB

I will release a new version of the screen saver today with an option to not wait for the user dialog.

• Like 1

TeamB

I have released a new version of the screen saver that has an option to wait for the user dialog or not, you need to set this under the Screen Saver settings in the screen saver selection area of Kodi options.

• Like 1

LuruiLove7V
11 hours ago, TeamB said:

I have released a new version of the screen saver that has an option to wait for the user dialog or not, you need to set this under the Screen Saver settings in the screen saver selection area of Kodi options.

The new version works, thank you!!!

serpi
13 hours ago, TeamB said:

Works great, thanks!

Glyde62

Installed a few days ago and is working fine, But just wondering why it wont detect my Emby Server running on my Synology?

Had to enter details manually, get message Receiving Data packet 1: and then nothing detected

TeamB
5 hours ago, Glyde62 said:

Yes same network

It uses udp to scan for servers on the local network, udp  can be blocked by network settings and firewalls, some switches dont re transmit etc.

• 3 weeks later...
quorn23

Hi, 

Would be awesome if the "next up (legacy)" of the latest server could be supported by EmbyCon, due to the server update it became broken sadly. 

TeamB
13 minutes ago, quorn23 said:

Hi, 

Would be awesome if the "next up (legacy)" of the latest server could be supported by EmbyCon, due to the server update it became broken sadly. 

The legacy api parameter has already been added the the latest version of EmbyCon, it should behave just as it usually did.

serpi
13 hours ago, TeamB said:

The legacy api parameter has already been added the the latest version of EmbyCon, it should behave just as it usually did.

I'm missing thin in Kodi 18.9 (LibreElec, EmbyCon 1.9.109) with Embuary (18.8.9) skin.

I have more or less default widgets on home screen, with Continue (EmbyCon) and Next Up (EmbyCon).

None of them is now showing anything, also it is not shown in the series hub.

How can I make it work?

Ciao, Alfred

serpi
2 hours ago, TeamB said:

This is a skin issue

Thanks for this. I now created custom widgets in Embuary for Episodes in Progress and Episodes Next Up.

Ciao, Alfred

F1nchy

Hi guys, I'm just trying to get Kodi Matrix working with EmbyCon. Is it still not available for Matrix yet? I'm running 19.1 on Android TV. Thanks

Edited by F1nchy

TeamB

EmbyCon has been available for Kodi 19 Matrix for over a year.

If you are having issues post the details and a log.

• 3 weeks later...
amb13

Hi

I'm just wondering. I have 3 libraries with movies in Emby. In kodi I would like to combine two of them. So I can show all contents of those two libraries together and then show the third library's contents separate. Is this possible in any way?

Global list combines them all since they are all movie libraries.

TeamB

No, you can view them individually or all combined but not selectively combined.

Edited by TeamB

• 3 weeks later...
amb13

Sometimes my widgets doesn't update from emby and I have to restart kodi to get the newest episodes from next up etc. any way to force an update manually?

TeamB

Unfortunately the skin need to do the refresh.

How did you add the add-on to the skin widget? Perhaps i can add a refresh token to the add-on link which would trigger a refresh.

Edited by TeamB

amb13

ah, I see.

Not exactly sure what you mean. What I do is I go to the skin options, and add a widget for a menu. Then do one of these:

• Add-on -> Video Add-on -> Embycon -> Emby Libraries -> "My library" -> Next Up
  • Add-on -> Video Add-on -> Embycon -> Global Lists -> TV Shows -> TV Shows - Next Up
  • Add-on -> Video Add-on -> Embycon -> Custom Widgets -> Episodes - Next Up

None of them update as far as I can tell. As well as for other nodes, not just Next Up.

Edit:
So I tried some stuff.

If I change the widget path to

plugin://plugin.video.embycon?mode=WIDGET_CONTENT&type=nextup_episodes&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(plugin.video.embycon-embycon_widget_reload)]

as in estuary (embycon) it works and refreshes, but not getting episode name from embycon options correct.

So then I tried to just add "&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(plugin.video.embycon-embycon_widget_reload)]" to the end of the widget path I get when I a do what i described above and it kinda works. If I'm just browsing the menu the widget refreshes, but it does not show the correct episode in the next up widget (or any other). If I then play a file and stop or reload the skin the widget refresh to the correct state.

Full widget path 

plugin://plugin.video.embycon/?url=%7Bserver%7D/emby/Shows/NextUp%3FParentId%3Dbc3a7d1d3dac1f10e170387270df67fa%26Fields%3D%7Bfield_filters%7D%26ImageTypeLimit%3D1%26IsMissing%3DFalse%26IncludeItemTypes%3DEpisode%26Recursive%3DTrue%26format%3Djson%26Limit%3D%7BItemLimit%7D%26Userid%3D%7Buserid%7D%26SortBy%3DDateCreated%26SortOrder%3DDescending%26Filters%3DIsNotFolder%26Legacynextup%3Dtrue&mode=GET_CONTENT&media_type=Episodes&sort=none&name_format=Episode%7Cepisode_name_format&reload=$INFO[Window(Home).Property(plugin.video.embycon-embycon_widget_reload)]

Preferably I would like the second option to work correctly.

Edited by amb13

TeamB

Yes that is what is required, adding the refresh window token to the paths.

This variable should not change the content of the items returned. It should just cause a refresh when content is updated.

amb13

Is this something you can add to the add-on? Would be hard to always have to add in manually.

Do you have any clue why it would act so strange when I add the refresh token to the pluginpath?